DuroFoam insulation is a Type 1, closed cell and moisture resistant insulation with a green film laminated to one side, and a silver film on the other side. With an R-value of 3.75 per inch, DuroFoam insulation is ideal for adding energy efficiency and cost savings to any project. It is easy to install and can be used in many applications; exterior sheathing, continuous insulation, basement floor, under slab insulation and cathedral ceilings. The addition of the laminated film to the top and bottom surfaces of DuroFoam insulation board provides a more durable product that is less susceptible to damage.
The reflective facer on DuroFoam insulation contains a thin layer of foil embedded within the film. The reflective facer does not increase the R-value of DuroFoam insulation (for additional information see Plasti-Fab PIB 253 - Facts About Thermal Resistance of Reflective Insulation).
DuroFoam insulation complies with the requirements of CAN ULC S701.1, Standard for Thermal Insulation, Polystyrene, Boards and Pipe Covering, the National Standard of Canada for expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation.
- Available in 4x8 ft, 2 ft high bundles
- ¾, 1, 1 ½, 2 in. plus special order sizes
Why DuroFoam® Insulation
- Meets all building code requirements
- Meets CAN ULC S701.1, Type 1
- Laminated/branded product with thin film on both sides
- Thermal resistance - RSI 0.65/25 mm (R-value 3.75/inch)
- Closed cell insulation resists moisture
- CCMC 12424-L
- For Retrofit and New Construction