Sunplus™ Solar Glass
Pilkington Sunplus™ is a glass specifically developed for crystalline silicon photovoltaics. Pilkington Sunplus™ is a high performance low-iron glass with very high solar energy transmittance. When toughened, this solar glass' strength and durability make it the ideal choice for crystalline silicon photovoltaics, as well as for solar thermal collectors.
Pilkington Sunplus™ is used extensively as cover plates for crystalline silicon solar cells in photovoltaic modules.
With its very high solar energy transmittance, Pilkington Sunplus™ is the ideal low iron glass cover plate for Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaics and Solar Thermal Collectors.Benefits
Pilkington Sunplus™ offers following benefits:
- Ultra high solar energy transmittance and low light reflectance,
- Consistent lifetime performance following prolonged exposure to the sun (no solarisation),
- Choice of patterns, either SM or MM to suit the specific application,
- The pyramidal pattern (S) can assist in the laminating process during module manufacture, but can be used on the external surface if desired,
- SM product available with Anti-Reflective (AR) coating for optimal solar energy conversion,
- Available in fully tempered/toughened form to provide excellent strength with resistance to hail, mechanical impact and thermal stress.