Solar-E™ Plus Pyrolytic Coated Low-Reflective Solar Control Glass
Pilkington Solar-E™ is the latest evolution to the Pilkington Solar-E™ family of pyrolytic coated low-reflective solar control glasses with low-e properties.With a slightly deeper tint and a further improved solar performance as noted by a lower solar heat gain coefficient, there is a Pilkington Solar-E™ Plus tint perfect for any new commercial building project or renovation.
The products are available in a range of colors - Grey, Arctic Blue, and Blue-Green.Applications
Pilkington Solar-E™ Plus products can be used in single glazing applications provided the coating faces the interior of the building. They provide attractive solutions to various applications where good light transmittance with enhanced solar control performance is required.
Thanks to its low exterior light reflectance, Pilkington Solar-E™ Plus can be used for modern glass facades where high reflectance is prohibited or undesirable. Where a safety glass is required, the products can be specified as toughened or laminated glass.
The Pilkington Solar-E™ Plus tint is perfect for any new commercial building project or renovation. This new range of tints includes Grey, Arctic Blue, and Blue-Green.Benefits
Pilkington Solar-E™ Plus range offers wide range of benefits:
- Good solar control performance with low-emissivity, reducing the need for heating and cooling the building.
- Medium light transmittance and low light reflectance for undistorted, natural views.
- Available in a range of colors (Grey, Arctic Blue, and Blue-Green). The natural colors make Pilkington Solar-E™ Plus ideal for new construction and replacement glass. The new coating also offers low solar heat gain, lower reflectivity, and glare control.
- Improved thermal insulation performance when combined in an Insulating Glass Unit with a low-emissivity glass.
- Can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques.
- Can be used in monolithic form or incorporated in Insulating Glass Units.
- Color stability whether toughened or annealed.
- Achieves Class B to EN 1096 for coated glass.
- Achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification.
- All colors available in 6 mm and in 8 mm thicknesses.
- Helps control glare, reducing the need for blinds and shades.