Pilkington Optifloat™ Tint Solar Control Glass
Body-tinted solar control glass
Pilkington Optifloat™Tinted solar control glass reduces unwanted heat gain, while admitting high natural daylight to enhance visual performance and lower artificial lighting needs.
The glasses come in different colors: Green, Blue-Green, Bronze, Grey, and the new tint - Graphite Blue.
The products are particularly suitable for applications that demand solar control without the use of surface coating, for residential or commercial applications. To achieve thermal insulation, the products have to be combined with a low-emissivity glass in an insulating glass unit.Applications
Pilkington Optifloat™ Tint glass products can be used wherever a colored glass without surface coating is required for visual appeal or where a degree of solar control performance is necessary to improve or control the internal environment of the building. Where a safety glass is required, they can be specified as tempered or laminated glass.
Designed to improve conditions within buildings by reducing glare, solar radiation and heat transfer into the building, they also reduce UV radiation and offer improved privacy, when compared with clear glass.
- Solar control performance, reducing the need for air-conditioning
- Solar control performance and color density vary with the thickness
- Available in a choice of colors (Green, Blue-Green, Bronze and Grey), offering flexibility for original and innovative architectural design even where low reflection is required
- Subdued color range, complementing other building materials and natural surroundings
- Low to high light transmission when compared with other solar control glasses
- Low internal and external reflection, reducing uncomfortable glare from the sun, and offering improved privacy compared to clear glass
- Can reduce UV radiation
- Can offer additional thermal insulation performance when combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass
- Can be laminated, tempered, bent and enamelled using standard techniques
- Can be used in monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units
- Available in a wide range of sizes from 3 mm to 10 mm thicknesses (depending on the color).