Pilkington Arctic Blue™ Solar Control Glass
High performance body-tinted solar control glass in arich blue color
Pilkington Arctic Blue™ is a body-tinted float glass in a unique blue color, that offers solar control performance without the use of surface coating. Its solar control properties and color density vary with each thickness so that glass with properties appropriate to a particular application can be chosen. Applications
Pilkington Arctic Blue™ is ideally suited to both hot and cold climates.It can be specified as toughened or laminated glass, and is therefore ideal for any applications whether commercial or domestic, where unique aesthetics or innovative design is desired.
To provide additional thermal insulation, it has to be combined with a low-emissivity glass in an insulating glass unit.
- Improved solar performance compared to traditional tinted float glass, preventing heat entering the building and therefore reducing the need for air-conditioning
- Solar control performance and color density vary with the thickness
- Cool and distinctive rich blue color, offering possibility for unique aesthetics and innovative design
- High visibility properties providing a crisp, undistorted, natural view from the interior
- High daylight transmittance when compared to other tinted glasses, reducing the need for artificial lighting
- Low internal and external reflection
- Low UV transmittance
- Additional thermal insulation performance when combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass
- Can be laminated, toughened, bent and enameled using standard techniques
- Can be used in monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units
- Available in 4 mm, 6 mm and 10 mm thicknesses