Pilkington Activ™ Blue Self-Cleaning Glass
Pyrolytic on-line coated self-cleaning body-tinted solar control glassOverview
Pilkington Activ™ Blue is an on-line coated body-tinted, self-cleaning and medium performance solar control glass,in an attractive blue color. Its surface #1 self-cleaning coating has photo-catalytic and hydrophilic properties. The unique blue colour helps to keep internal temperatures cool while still maintaining excellent light transmittance, low light reflection and high energy absorption. For optimum self-cleaning and thermal performance, Pilkington Activ™ Blue can be combined with Energy Advantage™in an insulating glass unit.
Specially designed for the optimum roof unit, Pilkington Activ™ Blue is perfect for use ingreenhouses and winter gardens. Its self-cleaning properties make it ideal for use in hard to reach places that are difficult to clean.
- Self-cleaning properties reduce the need for manual cleaning, saving water and eliminating potentially harmful run-off from expensive detergents, also increasing personal safety
- Additional medium performance solar control properties, reducing solar heat entering the building, enhancing comfort and reducing the need for cooling the building
- Attractive blue color of the glass is perfect for roof glazing, enhancing the view from inside to outside
- Good light transmission
- Low exterior reflection, improving aesthetics of the building
- Works even on cloudy days and during the night
- Highly durable pyrolytic on-line coating that lasts the lifetime of the glass
- Can be laminated, tempered, bent and enamelled using standard techniques
- Can be used in its monolithic form or incorporated into insulating glass units (self-cleaning coating on surface #1), for instance with Pilkington Energy Advantage™to offer additional thermal insulation properties
- Available in a range of different sizes and thicknesses (2.5, 3, 4, 5, and 6)
- Achieves Class A to EN1096 for coated glass
- Achieves ASTM C 1376 standard specification.