Kinetic Structures and Retractable Structures
PFEIFER Structures is a pioneer in the emerging field of kinetic structures. We custom design, engineer, build and provide remote maintenance for kinetic structures that vary in use and scope, from retractable roofs for stadiums to retractable awnings.
Our kinetic structures can bring the outdoor environment into indoor spaces and provide outdoor areas like courtyards with retractable protection from the elements.
While we develop comprehensive on-site interfaces and control systems for our customers, we can also remotely operate and service our kinetic structures around the world from our lab in Satteins, Austria.
Kinetic structures we have developed include:
- Drive systems for retractable structures
- Force monitoring in tension members
- Electrical control systems
- Air inflation system for cushion based structures
- Development of standardized small to mid-sized retractable roof structures
Contact us to get more information about our kinetic structures, or to get a free consultation with the most innovative kinetic structure designers and engineers in the industry.