SAFB™ Mineral Wool Sound Attenuation Fire Blankets
- Exceptional sound and noise absorption
- Excellent Thermal Performance (R-Value of 3.7 per inch)
- Adds STC value to wall and floor-ceiling assemblies
- Provides life saving fire protection in rated assemblies
- Fire resistant to temperatures above 2,000°F (1,093°C)
- Conserves energy, reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Mold Resistant
Thermafiber® SAFB™ (Sound Attenuation Fire Blankets)
THERMAFIBER Sound Attenuation Fire Blankets (SAFB) are mineral wool batts designed to stop sound, save energy, and provide life saving fire protection. These products are noncombustible, moisture-resistant, noncorrosive, nondeteriorating, mildew-proof and vermin- proof. Thermafiber® SAFBs provide acoustical control, thermal insulation, and fire protection in many different UL fire rated wall and floor-ceiling assemblies. SAFBs resist temperatures over 2000ºF. SAFBs add STCs to wall and floor-ceiling assemblies. SAFBs can be installed in both steel stud and wood stud construction. See Thermafibers SAFB Brochure (TF885) for more detail on STC and fire ratings for multiple wall and floor-ceiling assemblies.
Recycled Content Options¹:
EPA Choice Fiber (US Government Buildings)................Minimum 75%
¹Recycled content options other than Standard must be specified at time of order.
- Standard SAFB™
- Creased SAFB Made 1 wider than standard stud spacing to bow in the stud cavity for increased sound absorption.
- Interior Stud Cavity Friction fit SAFBs securely between studs. Butt ends of blankets closely together and fill all voids.
- Creased SAFB Bow the blankets slightly to fit into stud cavity. Slit the blankets vertically 1 deep with a utility knife.
- Floor-Ceiling Friction fit SAFBs securely between floor joists.
- Ceiling Overlayment Lay SAFBs over ceiling panels extending 48 beyond all partitions. Tightly fit around all hangers, obstructions, and penetrations.
|SAFB 2.5 pcf||1½- 7||15¼, 16, 17, 23, 24, 25||48|
|SAFB 4.0 pcf**||1||15¼, 16, 17, 23, 24, 25||48|
|Tolerances||+1/4 - 1/8||± 1/8||±1/2"|
|*Thicknesses are available in 1/2 increments. Custom sizes are available upon request.|
|**Non-Standard 4.0 pcf is available in thicknesses of 1 ½ 7 upon special request|
|***15 ¼ and 23 are recommended widths for wood stud construction|
| || || || ||Tested to ASTM E 84|
| || ||Tested to ASTM C 518||Unfaced|
|Product Designation||Nominal Density||k @ 75° [24°C] BTU.in/hr.sq. ft. °F||R value per inch of thickness**||Flame Spread||Smoke Developed|
|**R = thickness divided by k|
| ||Coefficeints at Frequencies Per ASTM 423|
| ||Thickness||125 Hz||250 Hz||500 Hz||1000 Hz||2000 Hz||4000 Hz||NRC|
|SAFB 2.5 pcf Density||2"||0.34||0.61||1.07||1.09||1.07||1.10||0.95|
|SAFB™ Insulation meets the following:|
|NFPA 101||Class A rated interior finish|
|ASTM C 665||Type I, per Federal Specification HH-I-521F|
|ASTM E 136||Rated Non-combustible per NFPA Standard 220|
|ASTM C 1104||Absorbs less than 1% by volume|
|SAFB products are approved by: New York City Board of Standards & Appeals (under BSA 35-66-SM, 173-77-M, 249-74-SM, 34-66-SM, & accepted by MEA 207-82-M, Vol. 2)|
3711 Mill Street
Wabash, IN 46992
Toll Free: 1-888-834-2371
General Information Email: email@example.com
Insolutions® Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.thermafiber.com | https://www.owenscorning.com/commercial