Fire-Rated Counter Doors 641
This fire rated counter door features 22-gauge stainless steel and is ideal for applications where safety is as important as style. These NFPA-80 compliant doors are labeled with either a 3 hour UL Class A label for masonry applications, or a 1-1/2 hour UL Class B label for non-masonry fire walls (a 3 hour non-masonry UL label is available upon request). Oversize UL labels are available for certain applications. A host of standard and optional features further improve performance of these doors beyond the norm in fire-rated applications. This fire-rated counter door has exposed components made of stainless steel.
Standard max width
14'0" (4267 mm)
Standard max height
11'2" (3404 mm)
Labels - masonry
UL 3 hour Class A (FM optional)
Labels - non-masonry
UL 1-1/2 hour Class B (FM optional; 3 hour optional UL & FM)
Flat slat curtain design in No. 4 stainless steel finish
Fusible link for added safety
Separates at 165°F (74°C) to automatically close the door in case of fire
Controlled rate of descent
Governor controls rate of door descent during a fire
Compact box guide design for an attractive appearance
Upward-expanding guide design
Allows for flush to counter top installation
Slide bolt locking on push-up/crank
Counter Door Options
- Flame baffle system (required for optional FM label)
- Fire Sentinel® time-delay release device<
- Firestop® fire-resistant core countertops surfaced with the most popular brands of decorative laminates
- UL listed brush-type smoke seals
- Smoke detectors
- Crank or electric operation (CDX™)
- Electric operation does not require tension reset after drop test or closure due to power loss
- PowderGuard® Premium powder coat finish options are available in approximately 200 colors as well as custom matching to specification.
- PowderGuard® Zinc and PowderGuard® Weathered finishes
- 20 minute UL smoke label on doors up to 12'0" wide x 10'0" high
- Options for Added Safety and Simplified Operation - An array of options allows the counter door to be adapted to virtually any job requirement. UL-listed FireLite® vision lites in 3-, and 1 1/2-hour labels allow visual access and light infiltration. UL-listed brush-type smoke seals enhance smoke retardation properties. The choice of a crank or electric operator simplifies door operation. The doors can also be custom-designed for conveyor openings. A variety of smoke detectors are also available when the door is equipped with the Fire Sentinel® release device.
- Fire Sentinel® for Fail-Safe Protection - The Fire Sentinel® is a UL-listed, fail-safe device. This time-delay release mechanism provides a 10-second time-delay release as well as an independent 10-second time delay on power loss to control the closure of the door after an alarmed event while eliminating false closures due to momentary power outages. An intelligent operation feature on some models recognizes an already-closed door to prevent damage to the release mechanism. Fire Sentinel® is available with a battery back-up, strobe/sounder alarms and programmable multilingual enunciators to provide advanced protection against fire.
- Stainless Steel - When you opt for 22-gauge stainless steel, these counter doors deliver unsurpassed strength, durability and aesthetic appeal. The 641 Models’ stainless steel slats are offered with a No. 4 brushed finish for long-lasting good looks.
The Fire-Rated Counter Doors Model 641 are ideal for openings requiring a counter-type fire-rated door. Common applications include factories, schools, concessions, hospitals, cafeterias and retail settings. Labeled with either a 3-hour Class A rating for masonry applications, or a 1 1/2-hour Class B label in non-masonry fire walls, these doors are designed to expand upward in a fire, allowing the guides to be installed flush with the sill. This counter fire doors are UL approved and can be custom designed for conveyor openings. Their compact, box-like form also provides an attractive finished appearance that requires minimum side room. This fire-rated counter door has exposed components made of stainless steel. A host of standard and optional features further enhance performance of these doors for fire-rated applications.
These fire-rated counter doors feature fusible links. These links separate at 165°F (74°C) for ambient conditions under 100°F (38°C), or at 212°F (100°C) for ambient conditions over 100°F (38°C), to close the door automatically under governor control. These doors meet strict fire safety testing standards, including New York City (MEA) and State of California (CSFM) requirements.