MVIS™ Air & Water Barrier
MVIS™ Air & Water Barrier is single component, load bearing, fluid applied, waterproofing, crack isolation, air barrier membrane. MVIS Air & Water Barrier produces a seamless, monolithic elastomeric coating and bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates. MVIS Air & Water Barrier is a low VOC, self-curing, water-based formula containing antimicrobial technology used in construction where air & water barriers are required to improve building efficiencies & durability. MVIS Air & Water Barrier is designed to enhance building longevity, save energy and increase building occupant comfort.
- Meets ASTM E2357 Air Leakage of Building Assemblies.
- Adhered Exterior veneers may be installed to membrane using Polymer Fortified Masonry Veneer Mortars over concrete, brick, cement plaster and cement backer board.
- Excellent bond strength.
- Contribute to overall building energy efficiency.
- Works together with MVIS Transition Tape and MVIS Flexible Sealing Tape to provide a seamless protection of the building envelope.
- Meets ASTM D 1970 Nail Sealability requirements.
- Lighter color for ease of inspection.
- Safe—no solvents and non-flammable.
- MVIS Air & Water Barrier is an Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA). Evaluated Material and is part of an ABAA Evaluated Assembly.