General Primer is a deep penetrating, low VOC, epoxy primer for use over cement, CMU and other substrates. To be used with coatings and overlays.
Features & Benefits
- Compatible with all SPARTACOTE® epoxy products which eliminates the need to carry and stock multiple epoxies, simplifying ordering and reducing inventory carrying costs
- Deep penetrating epoxy primer creates a strong chemical and mechanical bond for subsequent coats, increasing durability and longevity
- Improved formulation produces a higher quality surface prep by penetrating and sealing the substrate, reducing the amount of surface defects and resulting in a more consistent finish
- Simple 2 to 1 mix ratio for easy field mixing; reducing mixing errors and job site waste
- Low VOC and low odor; complies with all major VOC regulations including SCAQMD
- Promotes strong substrate and intercoat adhesion
- Helps eliminate outgassing in subsequent coats
- Perfect primer for NXT overlayments
General Primer when combined with proper surface preparation, creates a strong base for SPARTACOTE epoxy and urethane systems by promoting strong substrate and intercoat adhesion while helping to eliminate common issues such as outgassing. Can also be used as a primer for NXT traffic bearing overlays with a sand broadcast.
Note 1: Not recommended for use as a primer direct to polyaspartic coatings.
Note 2: Product was formerly referred to as SPARTACOTE® General Primer
General Primer is mixed at 2A:1B by volume.
3.3 gal (12.5L) in a 6 gal (22.7L) pail
1.7 gal (6.4L) in a 3.5 gal (13.2L) pail
Part of System: SPARTACOTE™