Model E Light Duty Commercial Electric Water Heater
The Hubbell Model E water heater incorporates a number of features not found in other conventional heaters which makes it better suited to resist the highly corrosive effects of hot water. The heart of a Hubbell water heater is a superior storage vessel which utilizes a specially formulated Hydrastone cement lining, solid copper-silicon threaded tank openings and a built-in heat trap device, all of which ensure a longer lasting and energy efficient water heater.Heavy Duty Construction
When you specify and install a Hubbell Model E, you will have confidence in knowing that the owner will be provided with a long lasting, trouble-free water heater.
- Hydrastone cement lining provides long tank life
- Plastic jacket will not rust, scratch or dent eliminating damage and is maintenance free
- No sacrificial anode rod required
- Industry's lowest standby heat loss reduces your operating costs
The Hubbell tank is all welded heavy steel construction designed for 150 psi working pressure and tested to 300 psi. Each tank is centrifugally lined with 1/2" thick seamless high density Hydrastone cement with guaranteed 100% coverage of all steel surfaces. All tank openings are non-ferrous solid copper-silicon and are resistant to the corrosive effects of hot water. Plumbing
3/4" combination cold water inlet and drain, with non-corrosive strata flow diffuser which prevents incoming cold water from mixing too rapidly with the hot water in the tank and assures delivery of more hot water - not lukewarm. A 3/4" hot water outlet with a uniquely designed built-in heat trap prevents heated water from radiating through the piping during standby periods. Electrical
Copper sheathed immersion heating elements with low watt density for prolonged life - up to 12 KW in 120, 208, 240, 277, 480 volt single phase. An adjustable surface thermostat operates in 110-170°F range. Insulation
Integral hi-limit with manual reset button for over-temperature protection is factory set at 190°F.
Upper and lower element configurations are factory wired for non-simultaneous operation.
Highly efficient thick polyurethane foam insulation meets or exceed the requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1-2007 standards for energy efficiency and heat loss. Jacket
The exterior protective jacket is constructed from high impact composite material which cannot rust or corrode and does not require painting.Optional Equipment
- Immersion thermostat specify 100-180°F or 30-110°F temperature range
- Immersion adjustable 100-240°F safety hi-limit cut out with manual reset
- Steel wall shelf for 6 thru 40 gallon models
- Combination temperature and pressure guage: 2.5" dial, 70-250°F, 0-200 psi - specify if installed in tank or shipped loose for in line installation
- 1 1/2" Male NPT inlet and outlet water connections
- Solid (Copper-Alloy, Type 304L, Type 316L stainless steel) storage tank for maximum tank life
- Three phase open delta wiring (must be simultaneous operation)
- Heating elements wired for simultaneous operation
- Full 10 Year Non Pro-Rated tank warranty
- Integrally welded seismic attachment points
- Off-peak wiring for load management savings
- Alternate voltages available including 380, 415, 440 and 600 volt
- ASME tank construction
- Horizontal construction available
- Foam insulation 3" thick for improved operating efficiency
Please note: optional equipment may impact overall dimensions and weight. Please request submittal drawing from factory.