ADA Rail System
The Hollaender® ADA handrail system is designed to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- ADA handrail can be purchased as individual fittings and pipe or assembled components.
- Designed to allow for easy site assembly and installation of handrail on both new construction and alterations.
- Handrail bracket (#85) can be rotated to any angle (within the #85A splice) for ramps or stairs. Provides for 1-1/2" clearance between handrail and post or wall.
- The under slung, rounded design creates a continuous gripping surface with no sharp edges.
- System can be supplied mill, anodized or powder coated.
- End Loops, Wall Returns, Flanges, Elbows, Splices and Tangent Bends available.
- Design of ADA handrail combines the clean look of welded rail with all the benefits of a mechanical system. ADA Rail uses 1-1/2" IPS, Schedule 40 aluminum pipe.
- ADA Rail systems can be designed to meet any building code. Please refer to the Technical Section of our Full-Line Catalog, visit www.hollaender.com or call our engineers for additional code-compliance information.
- ADA uses Interna-Rail® aluminum fittings, which are supplied with an M12-C22-A41 architectural class 1 anodized finish that provides an additional resistance to corrosion and staining. The hardware supplied with the product is stainless steel and anodized aluminum.
- The double tang set screw activated design provides a virtually maintenance free system which is inherently longer lasting than those which utilize adhesives and pop rivets.
Photo 2 (cad drawing w/call outs)
Hollaender's® ADA handrail system can be used on ramps, stairs, and any walking surface where handicap accessibility is required.
Choice of mill, anodized, or powder coat.
Anodizing is clear and processed to a medium matte finish.
Custom colors are provided on a per request basis. Contact our estimating department for information regarding lead times, quantities, color matching, custom price quotes, etc...
System and Installation Details
ADA handrail can be installed on concrete, wood or steel structures. We offer a variety of base flange designs that comply with model code requirements for structural performance and integrity.
See the CAD LIBRARY portion of this Profile for an overview of the ADA handrail system and typical installation details. Contact Hollaender for assistance in developing details for your specific project.
Toeplate, toeplate brackets, spices, & clamps, handrail brackets, handrail returns, wall return bends, end loops, & tangents bends.
See the 3-PART SPECIFICATION portion of this Profile for our ready-to-edit architectural specification.
Use the following "guide spec" for simple projects:
How to Specify Hollaender® ADA Railing System:
The pipe handrail/guardrail shall be constructed with mechanically fastened, smooth and continuous ADA Railing System of aluminum fittings as regularly manufactured by The Hollaender Manufacturing Company, 10285 Wayne Avenue, Box 156399, Cincinnati, Ohio 45215-6399. The design of the handrail bracket shall provide a 1-1/2" clearance between the post and the rail, and allow for adjustment of the rail to match the angle of the ramp or stairs. Handrail brackets and pipe fittings shall provide a continuous, uninterrupted gripping surface with no sharp edges or projections. The bracket shall be externally connected to the post by means of an anodized aluminum, tubular rivet nut, and an austenitic 302 alloy stainless steel, hexagon socket, button head, cap screw. The bracket shall be connected to the underside of the rail by means of two stainless steel, flat countersunk head, Type F self-tapping screws that conform to ANSI/ASME- B18.6.4. Pipe fittings shall be internally connected to the pipe by means of an internal double tang, expanded by an austenitic 302 alloy stainless steel, internal/external, reverse knurl, cup point, hexagon socket set screw. Pop rivets, sheet metal screws, and adhesives shall not be an acceptable fastening method. The brackets and fittings shall be of high-tensile aluminum-magnesium alloy 535.0 manufactured in compliance with ASTM B26, cast from high-purity ingot 535.2 conforming to ASTM B179.
The Hollaender Manufacturing Company
10285 Wayne Avenue
Cincinnati , OH 45215
Tollfree: (800) 772-8800
Fax: (800) 772-8806
Web site: http://architecturalhandrail.hollaender.com