What is a rainscreen?
A methodology for enclosing a structure with an external protective material over a building’s waterproof membrane layer . Three key components to a rainscreen are critical to the success of the product:
- Air space between the exterior cladding and the moisture barrier
- A clear drainage plane behind the exterior cladding
- Drying of the assembly through convection
The ultimate goal is to deflect most of the elements before reaching behind the panels and having a successful draining system to take care of the rest. How can ThinCast™ Help?
While being able to act functionally as any other rainscreen system out there, ThinCast™ also adds the natural beauty of concrete to the mix. Showcasing natural aggregates with a variety of colors and sizes, a modern sophisticated look can be added to any building. Key BenefitsDurable
Flexible and Adaptable
- Long service life
- Functional resilience
- Passive fire resistance
- Modular configuration allows user to cut and penetrate panels with ease
- Horizontal and vertical orientation options allow the creation of dramatic facades
- Short lead time to facilitate short constructions schedules
- Lower-cost superstructure
- Smaller and less expensive cranes or lifts for installation
- Easy to ship long distances with low cost
- High-performance concrete provides strength in excess of 7,500 psi for enhanced durability
- Stainless steel prestressing provides corrosion-resistant reinforcing to further increase strength
Standard Panel SizesThinCast™ is offered in 6 different standard sizes
Horizontal or vertical orientation provides a diverse range of options for a design layout.
- Panel Thickness: 3/4 inch (19mm)
- Panel Weight: 10 lbs/ft²