MaxDefense with Color Profile Hone Polish
MaxDefense with Color For Mechanically Processed/PHP Concrete Floors
Quick Drying / Highest Abrasion Resistance / Multi-Color Application
System Value Statement
MAXDEFENSE with Color
- High-Performance Concrete
- Water Resistant And Repellent
- Protects From Oils and Solvents
- Abrasion Resistance
- Color Enhancement
Why Green Umbrella MaxDefense with Color?
A good team is one whose strengths complement one another and play well together.
It is important that chemistry applied to concrete follows the same principle. Concrete treatments that complement one another; coupled with the proper mechanically profiled, honed, and polished concrete can create a winning combination for your polished concrete needs.
The Green Umbrella™ MaxDefense System is made up of three key players:
Green Umbrella™ DryShield has one of the highest abrasion resistance levels on the market.
Green Umbrella™ Shield & Enhance has a superior chloride screen.
Green Umbrella™ offers a variety of color choices with integral ColorPac and topical NanoDye.
To finish off the lineup Green Umbrella™ RTU Microfilm offers a repairable surface layer making the Green Umbrella™ MaxDefense System a cohesive team that has you covered.
MaxDefense with Color
Reference - ASTM D-1308
Testing was completed on 1 cubic inch concrete samples that had been treated with a three-part protocol using DryShield, Shield & Enhance and Microfilm (or RTU Microfilm). Each cube was completely immersed in the respective chemicals for 48 hours. No visually perceptible changes occurred in any sample surface texture or appearance (color).
Chemical Resistance to:
0.1% weight gain
30wt Motor Oil
0.007% weight gain
Skydrol 500 B-4
0.05% weight gain
- GreenCut - Liquid Cutting Agent
- DryShield - Densifier designed to fill the voids
Color & Salt Treatment
- NanoDye - Topical Colorant
- Shield & Enhance - Color Enhancer/Chloride Screen
Penetrating & Repairable Surface Treatment
Profile Hone Polish
- GC-X Metals
- GC Fusion
- GC Polish+
MaxDefense with Color
Execution: Process, Equipment & Abrasives
Green Umbrella™ equipment and abrasives are designed specifically for wet grinding. Equipped with a standard quick change system to promote even abrasive wear and quick field changes cutting downtime on PHP projects.
The wet process eliminates airborne crystalline silica dust and its potential health hazards such as silicosis due to the inhalation of these dangerous airborne particulates improving IAQ (Indoor Air Quality). Propane is one of the cleanest burning fossil fuels, cutting emissions and leaving a smaller carbon footprint than a typical electric model.
It’s easy to see the difference! A system approach is a must. Treatments and Colorant must work together
It is not an easy thing to keep colorants close to the surface so they can be seen, but stay below the surface to not walk off. At the same time to keep the color from not falling too deep into the concrete to keep it vibrant.
In the picture, down the hall you see a competitor’s floor that failed - the color “walked off” months after installation. Reportedly on the first day of school children had dye on the soles of their shoes.
In the foreground you see where the previous system was removed and Green Umbrella™ MaxDefense with Color was installed. The color is now locked in and still vibrant.
Return on Investment (ROI) for an architectural concrete floor requires: Densifier, Color Enhancement, Impregnating Stain Protectant. Without these your owner will not generate an acceptable ROI.
MaxDefense with Color
Features & Benefits
- Designed for environmental wet Grinding, Honing and Polishing
- pH neutral
- Will not form white residue that has to be recut
- Increases hardness and density, while reducing porosity
- Requires no rinsing & disposal and will not gel on surface
- Resists penetration by oils, chemicals and other stain-causing materials
- Decreases black tire marking from lift trucks and other equipment
- Increased hardness and density
- Adds dust and stain proofing properties
- Salt Protectant
- Excellent resistance to efflorescence, fungi and mildew growth
- Stands up to heavy abrasion and floor traffic while providing excellent slip resistance
- Highly resistant to aviation oils for up to 48 hours
- Resists acid and chemical exposure
- Not prone to whitening, will not peel or flake
- USDA/FDA approved for incidental food contact
- Very low maintenance