MaxDefense Profile Hone Polish
MaxDefense For Mechanically Processed/PHP Concrete
Making the Complex…Simple. Green Umbrella treatment systems take what may be complex; concrete processing, refinement, protection and maintenance and simplify it. Using a family of concrete treatments that frequently outperform other methods and products and consistently perform anywhere architectural concrete is called for.
Highest Abrasion Resistance - 91% Chloride Screen - Penetrating Surface Contaminant Protection
System Value Statement
- High-Performance Concrete
- Water Resistant And Repellent
- Protects From Oils and Solvents
- Abrasion Resistance
- Hardened and Dust-Proofed
Why Green Umbrella MaxDefense ?
A good team is a team whose strengths complement one another, a good team plays well together.
It is important that chemistry applied to concrete follow the same principle. Concrete treatments that complement one another; coupled with the proper mechanical profile, hone, and polish - creates a winning combination for your architectural concrete needs.
The Green Umbrella™ MaxDefense System is made up of three key players:
Green Umbrella™ DryShield has one of the highest abrasion resistance levels on the market.
Green Umbrella™ Shield & Enhance has a superior chloride screen.
To complete the lineup, Green Umbrella™ RTU Microfilm offers a repairable surface layer of protection that adds clarity and gloss.
Green Umbrella™ MaxDefense System - making the complex simple and ensuring that your architectural concrete surface lasts.
Reference - ASTM D-1308 Testing was completed on 1 cubic inch concrete samples that had been treated with a three-part protocol using DryShield, Shield & Enhance and Microfilm (or RTU Microfilm). Each cube was completely immersed in the respective chemicals for 48 hours. No visually perceptible changes occurred in any sample surface texture or appearance (color).
Chemical Resistance to:
0.1% weight gain
30wt Motor Oil
0.007% weight gain
Skydrol 500 B-4
0.05% weight gain
- GreenCut™ - Liquid Cutting Agent
- DryShield - Densifier designed to fill the voids.
- Shield & Enhance - Chloride Screen
Penetrating & Repairable Surface Treatment
Profile Hone Polish
- GC-X Metals
- GC Fusion
- GC Polish+
Execution: Process, Equipment & Abrasives
Green Umbrella equipment and abrasives are designed specifically for wet grinding. Equipped with a standard quick change system to promote even abrasive wear and quick field changes cutting downtime on PHP projects.
The wet process eliminates airborne crystalline silica dust and its potential health hazards such as silicosis due to the inhalation of these dangerous airborne particulates improving IAQ (Indoor Air Quality). Propane is one of the cleanest burning fossil fuels, cutting emissions and leaving a smaller carbon footprint than a typical electric model.
It’s easy to see the difference! A systems approach is a must. Process, Treatments and Colorant must work together.
It is not an easy thing to keep colorants close to the surface so they can be seen, at the same time remaining within the concrete so as to not walk off. Locating color within the substrate surface and not allowing it to fall into the deep subsurface will keep colorants vibrant.
In the picture: down the hall you see a competitor’s floor that failed - the color “walked off” months after installation. Reportedly on the first day of school children had concrete dye on the soles of their shoes.
In the foreground you see where the previous system was removed and Green Umbrella MaxDefense with Colorant was installed. The color is now locked in, protected and vibrant.
Maximize your Architectural Concrete Floors Return on Investment (ROI) by:
- A sustainable and repeatable Process.
- Concrete Treatments Featuring:
- Densifiers that are not water soluble which increase abrasion resistance and surface hardness or prevent chloride (salt) damage.
- Colorants that will penetrate and remain vibrant and UV stable (when called for).
- Impregnating Stain Protectants that repel water, oil, acids and other organic or non-organic contaminants that could breakdown the concrete surface.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for environmental wet Profile, Hone and Polish
- pH neutral
- Will not form white residue that has to be re-cut
- Increases hardness and density, while reducing porosity
- Requires no rinsing & disposal and will not gel on surface
- Resists penetration by oils, chemicals and other stain-causing materials
- Decreases black tire marking from lift trucks and other equipment
- Increased hardness and density
- Adds dust and stain proofing properties
- Salt Protectant
- Excellent resistance to efflorescence, fungi and mildew growth
- Stands up to heavy abrasion and floor traffic while providing excellent slip resistance
- Highly resistant to aviation oils for up to 48 hours
- Resists acid and chemical exposure
- Not prone to whitening, will not peel or flake
- USDA/FDA approved for incidental food contact
- Very low maintenance
- Does NOT contribute to ASR (Alkali Silica Reaction)