SkyFloor® Glass Deck System
A thoughtfully planned, well-built deck serves as an extension of your home’s living space-an escape on which you can enjoy the outdoors, relax with a good book, and entertain friends. A traditional wood deck has some major drawbacks, however. It requires regular maintenance, including cleaning, sealing, and staining, and, what’s more, the space beneath it becomes a dark and uninviting space. Our SkyFloor® Glass Deck System system eliminates these concerns while allowing your deck to more seamlessly integrate with the surrounding outdoors.Standard Features
Offered as a complete package, our SkyFloor® Glass Deck System consists of innovative features and options that give it unparalleled strength and beauty:
- Proprietary 6063-T6 aluminum construction reduces weight for faster installation
- Glass panels that are permanently bonded to the frame with Dow Corning’s 995 structural silicone and utilize our patented hold-down fasteners (HDFs) to restrict uplift pressures.
- Clear, low-iron glass for minimum light filtering
- Fully independent, self-supported structural framing, designed and engineered for 100 psf live load
- Designed-in, snap-on setting blocks (80-90 shore as required for structural glass flooring)
- Standard sizes available for ease of integration
- 24 fully tested, non-slip textures, included our proprietary Seeded Organic® top layer
- Custom-engineered interlayers
- Integrated railing
- Preassembled in our New Jersey manufacturing facility ensuring maximum quality control and perfected connections for ease of assembly
Choosing the right glass for your SkyFloor® Glass Deck System
The top layer of your SkyFloor® Glass Deck System consists of a safe, non-slip surface specially designed to meet or exceed the ASTM safety standards, making your glass surface as safe as it is beautiful. There are 24 available tested anti-slip textures, including our proprietary Seeded Organic® top layer, which is the only ultra-clear texture available that’s suitable and safe for wet exterior conditions.
Railings and Customization
Glass Flooring Systems is the only manufacturer that offers a complete glass-decking system. In addition to providing a structural frame and the structural glass, we also offer glass railings, rods, cables, and other custom-designed railing options, allowing for an incredibly wide range of design possibilities. When you work with Glass Flooring Systems for your exterior glass-flooring needs, you receive a complete package from one trusted, industry-leading source.
There are a number of other customization options available with SkyFloor® Glass Deck System: the extruded aluminum structural framing members, which feature a powder-coated finish, are available in a variety of color choices that meet AAMA specifications. The perimeter frame features an integrated LED lighting channel, which enables you to add LED lighting in order to edge-light your glass panels in virtually any color to create the type of ambience you’re after.
To help you seamlessly integrate SkyFloor® Glass Deck System into your designs, we work with you every step of the way, providing detailed shop drawings and engineering assistance.