Bridges / Catwalks
A glass bridge is a bold and powerful feature which is not only functional but also artistic. Glass Flooring Systems is the only manufacturer offering a complete turn key solution for such a feature.Standard Features
Offered as a complete package, our SkyFloor® Glass Bridge System consists of innovative features and options that give it unparalleled strength and beauty:
- Proprietary 6063-T6 aluminum construction reduces weight for faster installation
- Glass panels that are permanently bonded to the frame with Dow Corning’s 995 structural silicone.
- Clear, low-iron glass is standard for minimum light filtering
- Fully independent, self-supported structural framing, designed and engineered for 100 psf. live load
- Designed-in, snap-on setting blocks (80-90 shore as required for structural glass flooring)
- Standard sizes available for ease of integration
- 24 fully tested, non-slip textures, included our proprietary Seeded Organic® top layer
- Integrated railing - optional.
- Preassembled in our New Jersey manufacturing facility ensuring maximum quality control and perfected connections for ease of assembly
Choosing the right glass for your SkyFloor® glass bridge system
The top layer of your SkyFloor® glass bridge system consists of a safe, non-slip surface specially designed to meet or exceed the ASTM safety standards, making your glass surface as safe as it is beautiful. There are 24 available tested anti-slip textures, including our proprietary Seeded Organic® top layer, which is the only ultra-clear texture available that’s suitable and safe for wet exterior conditions.
Railings and Customization
Glass Flooring Systems is the only manufacturer that offers a complete glass bridge system. In addition to providing a structural frame and the structural glass, we also offer glass railings, rods, cables, and other custom-designed railing options, allowing for an incredibly wide range of design possibilities. When you work with Glass Flooring Systems for your glass-flooring needs, you receive a complete package from one trusted, industry-leading source.
There are a number of other customization options available for your SkyFloor® glass bridge system: the extruded aluminum structural framing members, which feature a powder-coated finish, are available in a variety of color choices that meet AAMA specifications. The perimeter frame features an integrated LED lighting channel, which enables you to add LED lighting in order to edge-light your glass panels in virtually any color to create the type of ambience you’re after.
To help you seamlessly integrate SkyFloor® glass bridge system into your designs, we work with you every step of the way, providing detailed shop drawings and engineering assistance.