Super Trac - Portable Inclined Platform Lift
Super-Trac - Portable Wheelchair Lift
The Garaventa Super-Trac is a portable wheelchair platform lift that provides instant, affordable accessibility where stairways are a barrier. The unique platform design accommodates all types of wheelchairs including power, child, sports and conventional adult wheelchairs. The Super-Trac is easy to operate, robust and incorporates many safety features.
No costly building renovations, installation permits or licenses are necessary with Super-Trac. For a quick, affordable, accessibility solution, check out the Super-Trac portable wheelchair lift. Features of the Super-Trac
Benefits of the Super-Trac
- Large platform will accommodate virtually any wheelchair, including electric and sports chairs
- Integrated non-slip loading ramp
- Powerful dual motors carry up to 440 lbs (200 kgs)
- Rechargeable battery and charger
- Operates on indoor and outdoor stairways
- Wide, double tracks securely grip stairs
- Large wheels allow easy travel across landings between stair flights
- Integrated tie-down straps and seatbelt hold wheelchair securely on platform
- Adjustable headrest
- Easy to use controls
- Robust commercial design
Operation of the Super-Trac
- Instant accessibility solution
- Economical compared to elevators and custom designed wheelchair lifts
- Requires no building renovations, no installation permits or licenses
- No permanent impact on stairway egress width
- A single unit provides access into many buildings
- Easily stored in a secure area when not in use
- Requires minimal maintenance compared to an elevator or wheelchair lift
- Great backup system for evacuation if power fails
Super-Trac is simple to use. As shown in this sequence, a small operator can easily transport a passenger in a heavy power wheelchair up and down stairs. Above, the passenger has boarded the platform using the integrated ramp. The wheelchair is being secured using 4 adjustable tie-down straps. An electrically interlocked seat belt provides additional passenger security.
Once Super-Trac is loaded it can be easily rolled across flat surfaces, such as stair landings, using the auxiliary wheels. When not in use Super-Trac can be wheeled into a storage room. In this photo, Super-Trac has been rolled to the base of the stairway. The operator will then tilt the platform, using the hydraulic tilt control, and begin climbing the stairs.
Super-Trac climbs stairs up to a maximum angle of 35 degrees. When on the stairs, the passenger sits in a comfortable, level position. Dual electric motors will propel Super-Trac up 30 flights of stairs on a single charge. The wide track design provides excellent stability on the stairs. No exertion is required on the part of the operator who simply guides Super-Trac.