Artira Inclined Platform Lift
Artira inclined platform wheelchair lift
The Artira inclined platform wheelchair lift is a safe and reliable way to travel between floors for passengers in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility.
This wheelchair lift fits easily in to most stairways and does not require extensive renovation or special construction. A mains power connection is required at the upper landing. Beyond that, there is usually no other preparation required. Garaventa Lift installation technicians normally install Artira lifts in 3 or 4 days.
The Artira is ideal for providing accessibility in heritage buildings, schools, churches and restaurants. With the availability of many colors and finishes, you can be sure that the wheelchair lift will blend in with any decor. It is the ideal solution for accessibility in tight spaces, or where floor space is very valuable. In restaurants, for example, the dedicated space required for a vertical platform lift can instead be used for an additional table. Accessibility can be provided by an inclined platform lift which requires minimal dedicated space. The profit from the extra table can help pay for the lift!
Garaventa inclined platform lifts are ADA approved as a means to provide public accessibility. The ADA Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) recognize that inclined platform lifts provide a valuable access solution. They can be used as part of an accessible path of travel to enter and travel within a building. They are most often used in existing buildings or to access special use areas, such as stages, projection rooms, press boxes, bleachers and metro trains station platforms. Use of inclined platform lifts in new construction is restricted in some jurisdictions. Contact your local Garaventa Lift authorized representative for more information. Highlights:
Artira Standard Features
- Designed to fit your stairway
- Indoor / Outdoor
- Space Saver
Highlighted below are some of the many standard features of the GSL Artira wheelchair lift. For more extensive information, consult the Artira Design & Planning Guide or contact your local Garaventa Representative.
Artira Optional Features
- Call Stations: The Artira Call Stations are operated by a computer based lift control system that intuitively guides the user through the operating sequence by illuminating the appropriate button to push. Fold and unfold functions are fully automated by simply pushing the easy to use call station buttons.
- Drive System: The ultra-quiet Drive System is located at the upper end of the Artira and is available in two arrangements; the standard Drive Box and Compact Drive, both drive systems operate using Mains Power.
- Curved Safety Arms: The Curved Safety Arms are fully automatic. When in the guarded position, the inside dimensions of the arms do not take away from the clear platform size of the wheelchair lift.
- Platform Controls: The durable and vandal resistant platform control panel consists of two large illuminated Directional Control Buttons and an Emergency Stop Button.
- Under Platform, Bi-directional and Leading Ramp Sensors: The sensors will automatically stop the lift if the platform should encounter an obstruction.
- Smooth Start and Stop: The GSL Artira reduces the speed of travel by 50% prior to reaching corners and is programmed to slow the platform travel speed when approaching or departing the landings.
- Smart-Lite Technology: The Artira Call Stations are operated by a computer based lift control system that intuitively guides the user through the operating sequence by illuminating the appropriate button to push. Fold and unfold functions are fully automated by simply pushing the easy to use call station buttons.
- Emergency Stop Button: When pushed this large red button will immediately stop the lift.
- Finishes: The Artira is finished in a durable polyester powder paint coating that is electro statically applied and baked. Garaventa's standard color is Satin Grey (fine textured).
- Pedestrian Safety Lights: This illuminated tube lighting located at the base of the ramps visually alerts pedestrians of the platform's location during travel, while still being discreet to the passenger.
Highlighted below are a number of the Artira's optional features. For additional optional features consult the Artira Design & Planning Guide or contact your local Garaventa Representative.
- Side Load: The Side Load platform is designed for those lifts with confined lower landing areas. An additional side ramp allows the passenger to board the platform diagonally for easier access to the platform.
- Finishes: The Artira can be finished with optional RAL colors, custom matched colors, stainless steel or painted stainless steel finishes.
- Auto Fold: This feature will allow the platform to automatically fold if left unattended for a period of time at a landing. This ensures the stairway remains clear in the event someone forgets to fold the platform.
- Integrated Pedestrian Handrails: An additional rail can be added to the system for pedestrian use.
- Folding Seat: The folding seat enables semi-ambulatory or people with temporary injuries to use the lift.
- Dek-Lite: The Dek-Lite illuminates the platform for safe loading and unloading available only with the folding seat option.
- Outdoor Package: When the Stair-Lift is located outdoors, the Stainless Steel finish is required. For a comprehensive listing of stainless steel components consult the Artira Design and Planning Guide.
- Attendant Remote Control: An attendant would walk beside the Stairlift and operate the hand control.
- Auxiliary Power System: This system ensures the lift operates during a power outage. This battery-powered system provides power for one hour at a rated load.
- Platform Lock: This lock secures the platform in its folded position protecting the unit from vandalism (not available on side load platform).
- Fire Alarm Integration: This option is designed to interface with the building fire safety system, this service interrupts power to the lift when the alarm sounds. This ensures the lift will not obstruct stairway traffic during an evacuation. If the lift is in use when the alarm sounds, it will continue to a designated landing.
- Audio-Visual Alert: The Audio-Visual Alert notifies pedestrians using the stairway that the lift is in use.