Solar Wall Tubes
An ingenious way to let natural light into a building that is built with multi-wythe masonry wall construction. The product offers easy installation.
Our wall tubes are made to seamlessly integrate into any wall application and transfer natural light to interior spaces. Functional and fabulous, the mirror like finish of the stainless steel tube magnifies the light. 8" and 16" modules in various depths to meet wall thicknesses available. Prefabricated to work dimensionally with any standard masonry components or precast walls. No bearing steel is needed. Perfect for any commercial building where natural light is wanted.
Design Features + Options:
- Panels sizes range from 8” x 8” to 16" x 8"
- Glass Block Options:
- Depths of 12-20 inches
- Nubio, Alpha, VISTABRIK® or any other SEVES glass block patterns available
- Glass Transparency:
- Transparent or translucent
- Tube Options:
- Stainless Steel Finish Options:
- #8 mirror finish, #4, or #2B
Design Criteria and performance:
- 8"x16" SWT with hollow glass block achieves a U-Value of .21
- 8"x16" SWT with solid glass block achieves a U-Value of .26
- 8"x16" SWT with E.S. 1.1 glass block achieves a U-Value of .07
- 8"x8" SWT with hollow glass block achieves a U-Value of .27
- 8"x8" SWT with solid glass block achieves a U-Value of .27
- 8"x8" SWT with E.S. 1.1 glass block achieves a U-Value of .11