LightWise® Tornado Resistant Windows
These windows are perfect for safe rooms, schools and government facilities because of the protection they provide from the elements.
These FEMA approved assemblies are the perfect answer to natures most violent storms. Our assemblies are factory assembled and adaptable to work with most suitable substrates in new or existing construction. With their steel frames and solid glass block glazing, you are protected against air pressure and flying debris. Standard and custom sizes are available. This window is your best alternative for safe rooms, community shelters, schools and government facilities. Your safety is the focus of this uniquely glazed unit, combining function with appeal.
Design Features + Options:
- Glass Options: Laminated VISTABRIK® Clear or Stippled
- Glass Transparency: Transparent or somewhat obscured with stippled pattern
- Steel Options: Steel or stainless steel
- Finish options: Powder coated or bead-blasted finish
- Design Criteria: In accordance with FEMA 361, LightWise® Tornado Resistant Windows passed several levels of air pressure tests including 309 positive PSF and negative 413 PSF. The 413 PSF equates to a wind speed of over 400 mph. It is significant to note that the highest recorded wind speed on earth was 253 mph
- Fully Engineered and Tested to meet the intended design loads: FEMA 361, FEMA 320, ICC/NSSA 500-2008, ASTM 330-02