LightWise® Blast Resistant Windows
Impact glass block that is designed and tested to provide protection from flying glass fragments caused by blasts.
LightWise® Blast Resistant Windows have been designed and tested to meet and exceed stringent government, military and international building requirements. These windows give you the beauty of glass with the utmost protection. Many injuries to building occupants are caused by glass fragments sent flying through the air from the force of a blast. Unlike flat glass, which will often crack and sometimes release fragments during a blast, there was no cracking or loss of glass in the tests conducted on our LightWise® Blast Resistant Glass Block windows.
Design Features + Options:
- Glass Block Options: Clarity, Nubio or Endura patterns available
- Glass Transparency: Transparent or somewhat obscured with glass block patterns
- Frame Options: 2-piece aluminum channel
- Finish Options: Aluminum channel is clear anodized, bronze or white
- Powder coating is also available
- Panels sizes sizes ranging from 4’ x 4’ to 8’ x 8’
- Design Criteria: Performance Condition 2 or better for General Services Administration (GSA) Level C and Level D
- Meets GSA and UFC 04-0110-01 blast glass standards
- Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) DoD Minimum
- Anti-terrorism Standards for Buildings Type I threats at 25m and 45m standoff distances and Type II threats at 10m and 25m standoff distances
- For Petrochemical applications, a successful blast test of longer duration was also performed