Cast Iron and Glass Prism Pavers
Great for interior or exterior historic restorations of stair treads, risers, and landing panels or other flooring applications.
Cast Iron and Glass Pavers allow light into vaulted areas beneath the sidewalks of many cities around North America and Europe. Similar products have been in use since the mid 1800’s. We’ve improved on the historic strength and beauty of this old-world product. Our prefabricated cast iron panels are engineered to meet today’s structural loading requirements. Combine the multitude of glass prism options with the introduction of new colors and textures, for any walking surface where light transmission is desired. Common uses include: sidewalk vault lights, stair treads, risers, landings, bridges and deck lights.
Design Features + Options:
- Glass prisms available in:
- 1.5” or 2” round
- 2.75” or 3.5” square (historic pavers)
- Glass prism texture:
- Clear or sandblasted top for an anti-slip walking surface
- Cast iron finish options:
- Blackened patina or custom color options
- Fully engineered and tested to meet a live load of up to 600 lbs. PSF
- Stamped engineered drawings are available for all 50 states and Canada