TOPCOAT® FireOut™ Fire Barrier Coating
Why TOPCOAT® FireOut™ Fire Barrier Coating?
TOPCOAT® FireOut™ Fire Barrier Coating is a low VOC, water-based coating system that provides outstanding flame spread and penetration protection to combustible roof decks in the event of fire.
Benefits of TOPCOAT® FireOut™ Fire Barrier Coating include:
- Superior Technology: Special in-tumescent additives minimize flame spread in the event of fire
- Provides UL Class A Performance: In mechanically attached and self-adhered TPO, PVC, and modified bitumen systems
- Self Extinguishing: Active coating expands in the presence of heat or flame to form a protecting, self-extinguishing layer
- Installs up to 130% Faster: Simple, one step application installs in less than half the time of a gypsum board or fire resistant slip sheet application
- Up to 43% Lower Installed Cost: Versus gypsum boards or multiple layers of slip sheets
- Safer Installation: Less material on the roof, no loose edges
- Keeps the Roof Drier: Seamless, breathable coating will not trap water if it rains before roof membrane installation
- Easy Application: Choose from spray, roller, or squeegee for maximum versatility
- Stays Flat: Fully bonded to the substrate, can’t wrinkle, curl, or lift
- Lightweight: Less than 10% of the weight of recover board