EnergyGuard Perlite Cant Strip Insulation Board
- Factory fabricated from rigid EnergyGuard Perlite insulation board.
- Cut at angles that provide a true 45° angle between horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- UL, ULC Flame Spread Rating 25.
- Easy to fabricate for installation with most types of roof systems.
- Strips are available in 3", 4", 5" and 5 3/4" (76, 102, 127 and 146mm) nominal sizes.
- To provide a smooth transition from horizontal to vertical surfaces.
- Properly installed, EnergyGuard Perlite Cant Strip is suitable for use under built-up, modified bitumen and some single ply roofing systems.
- Refer to the application specifications in the current membrane manufacturers application and specifications manual for proper installation procedures for EnergyGuard Perlite Cant Strip.
- Strong and dimensionally stable.
- Available in 5 standard sizes.
- Can be shipped in mixed loads with roof insulation and tapered systems.
- Multiple shipping locations.
- Easily identifiable bundles.
- EnergyGuard Perlite Cant Strips are a non-structural, non-load bearing material.
- EnergyGuard Perlite Cant Strips should be stored dry and be protected from the elements. Once properly loaded at the job site, remove factory wraps and cover with a breathable tarp.
- No more Cant Strip should be applied than can be completely covered with finished roofing on the same day.
- Do NOT use under fully adhered single ply systems or with direct torch application of modified bitumen.
- If torch grade modified bitumen roofing is to be installed over EnergyGuard Perlite Cant Strips, a fiberglass base sheet MUST first be installed.
EnergyGuard Perlite Cant Strip complies with the requirements of ASTM Standard C728 (which supersedes Federal Specifications HH-I-529).
UL Flame Spread Rating 25.
Cant Strips have at least 25% post-consumer recycled content and comply with the Environmental Protection Agency Regulation 40 CFR Part 248, Guideline for Federal Procurement of Building Insulation Products Containing Recovered Materials, as a recycled product approved for use on any project using federal funds.
|1" (25 mm)||X 4" (102 mm)||X 48" (1220 mm)|
|1" (25 mm)||X 3" (76 mm)||X 48" (1220 mm)|
|1 1/2" (38 mm)||X 4" (102 mm)||X 48" (1220 mm)|
|1 1/2" (38 mm)||X 5" (127 mm)||X 48" (1220 mm)|
|1 1/2" (38 mm)||X 5 3/4" (146 mm)||X 48" (1220 mm)|
|* All sizes shown are nominal and subject to nominal manufacturing tolerances.|
1 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Tollfree: (800) 766-3411
Web site: http://www.gaf.com