TubeBarrier™ Rapid Deployment Boundary Dam
TubeBarrier Rapid deployment boundary dam
2.29 ft High x 32.8 ft Long segment (Minimum Order)
DescriptionTubeBarrier is a Non-Structural Flood Barrier System
TubeBarrier is a temporary flood barrier system to mitigate the socio-economic and ecological impact of damages due to flooding.
- TubeBarrier is a flexible tube with a waterside flap attached to the bottom which is anchored on any surface.
- The rising flood water flows over the flap into the tube chambers through the inlet openings.
- The water in the tube balances to the same level as the flood water - providing structural integrity to the barrier.
- The anchors prevent initial rising water from passing below the tube.
- The tube automatically empties when the water subsides.
- Barrier stability is reached with flood water and without the need for electricity, compressed air, or municipal water.
Modular Scalable System
Sections may be extended as long as needed.
109.4 yards (328′) in an hour with 4 people.
Standard sized and stackable boxes save space.
No Electricity Required
No pumps or a lot of manpower are needed to install the flood barrier.
Usable on Most Surfaces
Sites with paved or unpaved surfaces aren’t a problem.
Control Flood Water Redirection
Control Flood Water Redirection with a special outlet applied for this purpose.
Installing the TubeBarrier is simple and can be done without the use of external tools with several people.
109.4 yards per hour can be installed when all elements are in place.
TubeBarrier is delivered in 32.8 ft length sections complete in a pallet box with particular accessories.
Place the pallet boxes every 32.8 ft.
Draw the sections out of the box until two ends of the TubeBarriers meet.
Connect the ends using a waterproof zipper and connection cover flap.
Repeat this process with the other tube sections.
How It Works !
Fighting Water with Water
Rising flood water fills the Tube.
An inflatable garden pool is difficult to move with only a little bit of water in it because it creates enormous pressure on the bottom of the pool. This friction principle applies to the functioning of the TubeBarrier as well.
TubeBarrier sections of 32.8 ft are folded into to 1×1 meter bins by simply sliding the ends together like an accordion. Storage Bins:
- Easy to stack.
- Same size as a block pallet.
- Have separate lids.
- Weigh approximately 66.14 lbs.
- Tube Barrier itself weighs about 154.3 lbs.
- Total weight per box is approximately 220.46 lbs with a 32.8ft, 2.29 ft high section.
- The boxes have sledges at the bottom so that if needed they can be pulled by hand through grasslands or mud.
TubBarrier is made of PVC Material and requires Virtually NO MAINTENANCE.
For many years PVC has proven itself. It is mold and rot-free, extremely strong, pliable and impervious to temperature fluctuations. When the barrier is used for flood protection, after the water has receded, it might be wet and dirty. A garden hose can be used to clean the barriers through the top ventilation holes. It is best to let the TubeBarrier dry before putting in back in storage.