Fresh Air Systems
The Healthy Home Fresh Air System™ is an intelligent, automatic, year-round ventilation system. It integrates with an existing HVAC system and thermostat to meet ASHRAE 62.2 requirements.
Our Fresh Air Systems feature a Fresh Air Damper (FAD) that works automatically with the Healthy Home System Control (HHSC) to efficiently and effectively distribute air throughout the house. Features:
- Constructed of corrosion resistant and durable stainless steel
- Motorized, power open and close damper
- Most reliable damper motor on the market, rated at 100K+ cycles
- Quiet positive-seal damper features a neoprene seal
- Remains closed when fresh air is not needed
How It Works
- Controls and monitors central fan 24/7 for fresh air ventilation
- Opens FAD to coincide with central fan operation
- Circulates air on a programmable schedule to keep air circulating indoors
- Built-in maintenance monitor for filter and UV lamp replacement
- Auxiliary inputs for humidity and temperature sensors to intelligently operate fresh air ventilation
The Fresh Air Damper (FAD) is a motor driven damper activated by the HHSC. When there is a call for fresh air, the HHSC opens the FAD damper allowing fresh air to enter the HVAC return where it is mixed with conditioned air, filtered, and distributed to the rest of the house. When the HHSC is satisfied, the FAD damper is closed. Why A Fresh Air System?
Our Fresh Air Systems are a type of Central Fan Integrated Ventilation (CFIV). Central Fan Integrated Ventilation is more economical than an HRV or ERV system. HRVs or ERVs capture a nominal amount of energy in the exhaust air (which is good) but they are expensive to install and maintain.
Plus, CFIV systems are more effective than a bath fan. Bath fans can quickly create negative pressure in the bathroom and ultimately become ineffective, not exhausting the air. The replacement air with a bath fan typically enters from poor air quality sources such as the garage, attic, or basement where automobile fumes, radon gas, and other household chemicals may enter.
Our unique Fresh Air Systems automatically and efficiently bring in fresh outdoor air to provide optimal supply ventilation. Make-Up Air System (MAS)
Although a Fresh Air Sysytem is the recommended choice for fresh air ventilation, a second, low-cost option for fresh air ventilation is a Make-Up Air System (MAS). Exhaust ventilation systems remove air from a particular location, often leading to depressurization in the home. Replacement or make-up air will infiltrate through leaks in the building shell and other uncontrolled sources like the garage, attic, or basement where toxic fumes and other gases are present.
A make-up air damper can be added to the central system when exhaust ventilation is employed. The MAS provides replacement air as needed from a controlled source into the return air plenum where it is tempered and distributed throughout the home. Features:
How It Works
- Adjustable gate provides precise air flow control
- Pressure Activated
- Functions with or without the HHSC
- Easy to read air flow gauge
- No electricity required
- 24 gauge aluminum coated steel
- Corrosion resistant and paintable
- Intake air hood included
- Quiet operation
The Make-Up Air System (MAS) is a pressure activated damper that opens whenever the central fan is on. It closes automatically when the fan is turned off. The adjustable gate provides precise control of air flow based on the needs of the structure.