SA-47 ROF Pad Masticated Rubber, Random Oriented Fiber Bearing Pad
- Withstands compressive load up to 7,000 psi
- Evenly distributes load between two structural elements
- Accommodates non-parallel, load bearing surfaces
- Allows for small rotations
- Meets most DOT and federal specifications for reinforced elastomeric pads and masonry pads
- Effective temperature range is 0°F to 180°F
- Impervious to most oils, steam, water, mildew and brine
SA-47 bearing pads are made from masticated rubber using a blend of recycled rubber compounds and synthetic fiber reinforcement. The random oriented fibers, or ROF, provide enhanced compressive strength, stiffness and tensile strength when compared to unreinforced bearing pad materials.
Fabreeka’s SA-47 bearing pads provide compensation for surface irregularities and non-parallel load bearing surfaces in precast concrete structures and bridges. These masticated rubber, random oriented fiber pads have been widely used in construction applications such as structural bearings, masonry pads and railway tie pads. SA-47 pads can also be used for vibration isolation and impact shock reduction applications.