Fabcel® Pad Vibration Damping Pad for Low Frequency Vibration
- Accommodates loads up to 300 psi
- Vertical natural frequency as low as 5.0 Hz
- Horizontal natural frequency as low as 3.0 Hz
- Standard Fabcel pads have a damping rate of 6%
- Fabcel B30 pads have a damping rate of 15%
- Effective temperature range is -20°F to 150°F
- High energy storage rate per unit volume
- Impervious to most oils, steam, water, mildew and brine
Fabcel pads have been used for over 60 years for mounting machinery and sensitive equipment where absorption of impact shock or isolation of transmitted vibration is desired.
These vibration damping pads are manufactured from nitrile rubber in a range of types and thicknesses that allows for optimal loading and isolator performance. The unique cell geometry, namely that of a waffle pad, on these Fabcel vibration isolation products is specifically designed to maintain the proper shape factor for the pads when under load. This feature allows Fabcel pads to support more load than other rubber pads of the same size and thickness.
Fabcel material is available as isolation washers and OEM parts that are cut to size and bonded, if needed, to achieve the proper thickness based on the application and isolation requirement.
Even higher damping rate with Fabcel B30
To minimize rebound and to reduce vibration near resonance, Fabcel B30 is a unique Fabcel product specifically designed to provide a higher damping of 15% compared to the standard Fabcel pads and their damping rate of 6%. Types of applications where Fabcel B30 has been effective are washing machines with their changing RPMs, grinders with random vibration and other industrial equipment where vibration needs to be decoupled from the supporting floor or other structure.