Metal Kick Plates - Stainless Steel & Aluminum
Metal Kick Plates
Eagle Mouldings offers both stainless steel and aluminum kick plates. Both steel kick plates and aluminum kick plates are commonly found and used in commercial environments.
If installed properly and with the proper care, aluminum and stainless steel kick plates should last through the life of the building and offer excellent protection for doors and under counter skirts.Selecting Metal Kick Plates for Your Application
When choosing aluminum kick plates versus stainless steel kick plates, keep in mind the intended use of the door.
The standard height is anywhere from 6 inches to 24”, but there are many different options available:
- Mop Plate - 8″ high and installed flush with the bottom of the door. Used to prevent janitorial mops from damaging the door.
- Armor plate - anything up to 48″ high, and covers the entire bottom half of the door.
- Stretcher plate - used in hospitals to prevent damage from gurneys and stretchers. Usually between 6″ and 12″ high, and installed at the approximate height of the handle, parallel to the floor.
A metal kick plate should always be ordered 2 inches narrower than the width of the door so that it doesn’t get in the way of the doorjamb when you are closing the door.Placing Your Order
At Eagle Aluminum, we custom manufacture stainless steel and aluminum kick plates to your exact specifications and requirements. When you place an order with us, please remember to specify the following:
- Material - stainless steel or aluminum
- Dimensions - width and height
- Thickness (gauge) - 16 or 18
- Drilled or undrilled
- Finish - polished or brushed (stainless steel only) or anodized (aluminum only)