MATRIXWALL® Mortarless Glass Block System
EXTECH's MATRIXWALL is a patented glass block wall system that’s ideal for industrial and transit applications and can take the form of a windscreen, shelter, partition, or even accent wall. Easy to install, maintain, and replace, MATRIXWALL utilizes an aluminum structural grid hidden within the joints of the blocks. The use of solid glass blocks creates windows and walls with high-durability, resistance to vandalism, and perfect alignment.
One of MATRIXWALL’s key benefits is that it doesn’t need mortar - the glass blocks can be inserted and removed with minimal effort and equipment. MATRIXWALL incorporates a snap-on elastomeric joint cover strip, which protects the silicone from exposure to UV rays.
Further benefits and details
- Rigid aluminum framing and fully gasketed joints offer outstanding strength and durability
- Exposed aluminum will not deteriorate like mortared joints do
- Pre-glazed panels install quickly and easily - no masons required
- Installation won’t cause disruptions or shutdowns associated with in place mortared systems
- Nearly zero maintenance - simply spray wash and it's done
- Snap-on elastomeric joint cover strips protect the silicone from exposure to UV rays
- Vandalism and graffiti resistant
- Replaced blocks look identical to old blocks whether used in outside applications or interior design
- Adapts to fit various existing openings
- Aluminum framing system can be relocated, unlike mortared systems
- Multiple framing finishes and decorative block options and sizes offer creative interior and art-in-transit possibilities
- Clear blocks mean outstanding light transmission as well as weather protection and security for transit shelters or interior design
- Easily customizable with add-ons like emergency call boxes, advertising, and map panels and LED message boards
- Used for interior design these blocks are perfect for hospitals, schools, office buildings and any facility that needs a low-maintenance, high-quality solution
- Can be fabricated to accept a variety of glass blocks at different thicknesses
- Manufactured in the U.S.A.