DOWSIL™ Firestop 700 Sealant
A fire rated one-part, neutral curing silicone sealant that offers excellent unprimed adhesion to a range of common construction substrates including steel, masonry and brick.Uses:
- Linear expansion joints in fire-rated walls
- Smaller penetration seals where pipes or cables penetrate fire rated structures
- Up to four-hour fire rating
- Neutral curing with joint movement capability of ±50%
- Excellent weathering characteristics, including resistance to ozone, UV radiation and temperature extremes
- Long service life
- Ready to apply
- Conforms to ISO 11600-F&G25LM
- CE marked as a fire-resistant sealant according to EAD 350141-00-1106
- Tested and classified according to EN 1366-4 and 13501-2 (joint design details on request)
How can we limit the spread of fire when it comes to building design? Including passive fire-protection in the building design helps contain fire and smoke, allowing more time for building occupants to escape. This is why building materials we select are so vital: the materials’ behavior in resisting fire is a key factor in determining how much time will be available to exit a building. Dow High Performance Building offers a range of DOWSIL™ brand solutions for vertical and horizontal applications as well as cable penetrations, fenestrations and building element connections, including DOWSIL™ FIRESTOP 700 Silicone Sealant.
A distinct advantage
Sealants can play a key role in the system design and help limit the spread of fire and smoke. Silicone technologies are non-flame propagating, do not produce flaming droplets and have a limited non-toxic smoke development. These material properties can be especially beneficial in fire-rated systems and designs and are found in DOWSIL™ FIRESTOP 700 Silicone Sealant, which is suitable for horizontal and vertical linear joints and penetration seals in walls. This product has a fire rating of up to four hours and benefits from the renowned characteristics of silicone sealants such as movement capability, adhesion profile, UV and temperature stability and durability.