1838 Multi-Door Access Controller - Telephone Entry Systems
A SIMPLE LITTLE BOX DELIVERS SO MUCH
Seamless access for even the most complex facilities. The DKS 1838 Multi-door Access Controller is ideal for small businesses, office buildings, factories, industrial sites, apartment complexes, or for any application that requires access control and reporting capabilities. The 1838 is a 3000 user, 2-door Controller that easily expands to control up to 48 doors with wired Tracker Expansion Boards (or 24 wirelessly). This flexible System allows access control to 8000 Device Codes by means of Cards, Keypads, Wireless RF Transmitters, or with almost any 26-bit Wiegand Device. DKS Remote Call Stations can also be added to the 1838 to provide communication from an entry point to a designated phone.
The DKS 1838 multi-door access controller is ideal for small businesses, office buildings, factories, industrial sites, apartment complexes, or for any application that requires access control and reporting capabilities. The 1838 is a 2-door controller that easily expands to control up to 48 doors with wired tracker expansion boards (or 24 wirelessly). Each 1830 Series unit allows for a connection over Cellular, Internet or a POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) connection. DKS offers easy ways to connect fast using the DKS IM Server and DKS Cellular services. This flexible system allows access control by means of encoded cards, five digit PINs, wireless RF control, or with almost any 26-bit wiegand device.
DKS remote call stations can also be added to the 1838 to provide communication from an entry point to a designated phone.
The 1838 Access Controller can be connected for voice (were applicable) and programming by any of these methods:
- Cellular 4G-LTE service (note 1)
- VoIP (note 2)
- POTS - Plain Old Telephone Service (note 3)
Note 1: Requires DKS Cellular subscription and 1800-080 cellular adapter. 4G-LTE service provided by AT&T where available.
Note 2: Requires 1830-185 (manual setup) or 1830-186 (automatic setup) TCP/IP Adapter. 1830-186 requires IM SERVER Client subscription.
Note 3: Programming via several methods. Internet programming requires IM Server Modem subscription. DoorKing does not recommend using a POTS line to program the access system controller. DoorKing can no longer guarantee programming via POTS / modem as many phone company services and switches no longer support modem communications as these devices are considered to be obsolete.
- Live Streaming.
- Live Transactions
- Built-in programming keypad.
- Interfaces with 2 card readers - expandable to 48 with wired tracker expansion boards (24 wirelessly).
- Anti-pass back.
- 8000 event transaction buffer.
- 31 Security (permission) levels.
- Database import/export capability.
- Built-in clock/calendar.
- Holiday schedule.
- Hold open time zones.
- Entry code time zones.
- Postal lock input.
- Stores up to 3000 user names.
- Stores up to 255 area codes.
- Transaction buffer stores last 8000 events.
- Stores up to 8000 access card codes - dependent on system memory.
- 31 security (permission) levels, 29 programmable with 4 time zones each.
- 8 hold open time zones.
- Three anti-pass back configurations: passive, active and trap.
- Elevator control (note 1) for up to 8 elevators, each serving 64 floors.
- Expandable (note 2) to control up to 48 wired entry points (24 wirelessly).
- 4-digit entry codes, one for each telephone number.
- 3 form "C" dry contact relays.
- EEPROM memory.
- Two 16 VAC, 20 VA power transformers supplied.
- FCC (US): DUF6VT-12874-OT-T
- DOC (CAN): 1736 4528 A
- Compliant with UL 294. ETL listed.
- Dimensions: 10.25"H x 12.25"W x 4.25"D.
Note 1: Requires Elevator Control Board(s).
Note 2: Requires Tracker Expansion Board(s).
Tracker expansion boards.
Elevator control boards.