Ground Engineering - Soil Retention & Stabilization - GEOTEC™ Steel Active Anchors
Soil Retention >> Post-tensioned steel ground anchor system used in excavation works.
Post-tensioned anchoring solution
An Active Anchor is post-tensioned from the external face of the ground immediately after installation and is usually designed to help prevent deformation of the ground or retained structure. It has a free length and a bonded length.
About our ground anchor fully threaded bar systems
- Based on high tensile hot-rolled bars with a continuous thread in grades up to 1080/1230 MPa
- Full range of 7 diameters (20, 25, 32, 36, 40, 50 and 63.5 mm) allowing an optimal fit to your project requirements.
- Standard accessory systems include plate and nuts, centralizers, as well as a smooth sleeve to allow movement in the free length.
- Couplers are available to achieve longer tendon length.
- Single Corrosion Protection is ensured by design by the first grout layer.
- Double Corrosion Protection (DCP) options: available either factory-grouted or as accessories.
- Design as per BS EN 1997 (Eurocode 7), BS EN 1537, BS 8081.
Engineering support : Your project is unique. Dextra supports you on item selection and drafting of your anchors.
Superior grades : Reduced tonnage, easier handling and smaller bore hole diameters and grout consumption.
Full system : Dextra provides a full comprehensive system inclusive of all corrosion protection accessories.
Retaining walls for excavations are vertical structures that only allow limited deflection. Typically, pre-stressed active anchors are preferred. High strength tendons anchored to the retaining wall on one end and to the ground on the other end through a bulb of pressure injected grout named ‘bond length’.
On soil-covered slopes, soil is constantly moving downslope due to gravity, therefore larger displacement have to be considered. Typically passive anchors are preferred. High strength tendons are fullygrouted from the face of the slope into the stable ground.