Ground Engineering - Tunneling & Mining - FRP Hollow Rock Bolt
Cuttable FRP hollow rock bolt acting as a grouting pipe. Ideal for face bolting.
Cuttable rod and grouting pipe in one!
GEOTEC FRP Hollow Rock Bolt is a rock-bolting system based on fully threaded hollow GFRP bars.
It is especially designed for the following applications :
- Face-bolting and temporary applications : Cut-ability of FRP makes it the ideal solutions for face bolting or any other tunneling/mining application where further excavation is required.
- Cohesive Soil & Hard Rock conditions. GEOTEC are inserted into pre-drilled hole. For non-cohesive soil environment, refer instead to FRP Self-Drilling Bolts.
- Installation with grout. The hollow GFRP anchor rod also acts as a grouting pipe to ease installation.
- 2 in 1 system = Act as both, anchor rod and grouting pipe.
- Standard range available in 5 diameters ranging from 25mm to 76mm. Can be delivered with GFRP (cuttable) or steel plate and nuts.
- Additional high performance ASTEC model available in 32mm with body tensile loads ≥480 kN. Delivered with Domed Plate & Nut, making system suitable for installation on uneven surfaces.
- Designed as per BS EN 1997-1; BS EN 1537 and BS 7861-1.
Hollow rod : Acts as a grouting pipe to simplify installation process.
Cuttable systems : By standard earth moving and mining equipment, including the plate/nuts accessories!
Light weight : Easy handling, transportation and installation inside the tunnel.
Cut-able support is mostly used in the longitudinal direction of the tunnel (portal, face) when temporary stabilization is required before moving to the next phase. Also, Mechanized Tunneling is becoming standard in urban areas, especially for underground metro projects. This modern technique is calling for new kind of systems, in particular cut-able reinforcement bars for concrete structures (like Soft-Eyes in D-walls) and cut-able ground anchors.
Radial & lateral support (Roof & Wall)
When building a tunnel by drill & blast or conventional mining, the roof and walls need to be supported. Rock-bolts are the first type of support installed, before any other kind of mesh or lining is applied. Depending on the construction sequence and technology, both temporary and permanent bolts can be offered.