Engineered Bar Systems - Marine & Riverbanks - Waling Beam Systems
Support system for tie rods installed on sheet pile walls.
Steel system installed on sheet pile walls
Waling beams are used in combination with tie rods for anchoring sheet pile walls. Waling beams allow to spread the load on sheet pile and to concentrate them onto the tie rods.
Waling beams and tie-rods form therefore a system with strong interface/compatibility between on item to another.
Whenever possible, Dextra strongly recommends that waling beam and marine tie rods are designed together by Dextra to optimize performance, compatibility and simplify project management.
Our solution from design to installation
Dextra will support you on the design of your system. Parts will be delivered with the necessary labeling to allow identification on drawings. A full system is composed of:
- Waling beams. The selection of waling beam will impact your tie rods system length.
- Spacer and Stiffeners. Welded part positioned at a specific spacing and welded to beam.
- Splicing plates and bolts. Required to achieve longer beam length.
- Waling bolts. The position of waling bolts will depend on beam profile and tie rod spacing.
- Bearing plates. Allow the fitting of the bolts and the force spreading.
- Support brackets (optional). Temporary support of the beam, welded to sheet pile wall.
100% machine test : Of bar/sleeve connections
45 sec : Machine cycle, including test
9 nuclear reactors : Equipped worldwide
- Design and experience. Dextra designs full systems of waling beams and tie rods following your project requirements and ensure both systems are optimized and compatible.
- Control over delivery sequence. Dextra guarantees you will receive all the equipment in the correct sequence to avoid any site down time or unnecessary storage cost.
- Excellent packing standards of your beams and accessories, with all goods safely fastened in containers.
- Consistency in the communication and documentation is ensured thanks individual part labeling matching plan layout drawing provided by Dextra.
Dextra designs, engineers, manufactures and distributes highly efficient construction solutions that answer the evergrowing technical requirements and challenges of contractors and consulting firms worldwide.