Engineered Bar Systems - Bridges & Viaducts - Smooth PT Bar Systems
Very high-tensile post-tensioning bar system based on smooth bars with cold-rolled threaded ends. Suits even the most demanding applications.
High-performance Post-Tensioning solution
Dextra’s Post Tensioning Bar Systems can be used for a variety of temporary and permanent construction applications.
Typical permanent applications include the connection of girders and piers in segmental bridge construction.
Temporary uses include heavy lifting, pre-loading, stitching and anchoring of steel frame supports.
Dextra PT range is divided in two major type of bars. This page focuses on the PT Bar systems using smooth high performance carbon steel bars with threaded ends, which are prepared to length as per project requirements.
About our post tensioning smooth bar systems
- Standard range or 20 diameters from M30 (d28mm) to M103 (100mm).
- 3 standard grades available. 835/1030, 930/1080 and 1050/1200.
- ISO-metric threads based on ISO 262. Other thread profiles available upon request.
- Standard accessories include nuts and plates (in swivel or flat configuration), as well as couplers to achieve longer length.
- Corrosion systems also available by Dextra.
Wide range : 3 high performance carbon steel grades available in 20 diameters.
Engineering support : For any complex applications, Dextra teams support the drafting of your system
Full Traceability : Full identification from drawing to individual bar/part labeling.
Benefits of Post Tensioning Smooth bar systems
- Rolled threads (obtained by cold plastic deformation of the metal between dies) to achieve high fatigue performance.
- High impact strength performance.
- High impact resistance.
- Full range of accessories.
- Design support from Dextra team.
For bridges and viaducts construction, Dextra offers post-tensioning bar systems that can be used for both permanent or temporary applications. Our range takes advantage of both fully-threaded bars and smooth bar and includes all required accessories to perform applications such as the post-tensioning of heavy structure or temporary heavy-lifting operations.
For projects requiring hanger bars, Dextra tension bar sytems are also available.
All our bridges and viaducts solutions are complemented by the services of a fully dedicated design team which provide engineering support for our customer's projects.