Engineered Bar Systems - Bridges & Viaducts - Fully Threaded PT Bar Systems
High-tensile PT system based on fully-threaded bars which can be cut and reconnected at any point. Preferred for temporary applications.
Based on fully threaded bar systems
Dextra’s Post Tensioning Bar Systems can be used for a variety of temporary and permanent construction applications.
Typical permanent applications include the connection of girders and piers in segmental bridge construction. In the case of permanent applications the systems is usually to be delivered with a full corrosion protection accessory system.
Dextra FT Bar systems are also frequently usued on construction sites for temporary applications such as heavy lifting and stitching of precast elements and anchoring of steel frame supports.
Dextra PT range is divided in two major type of bars. This page focuses on the PT Bar systems using Fully Threaded Bar systems, which are usually cut to length as per project requirements, but may also be re-cut in shorter segments and re-used on the project site.
About our post tensioning fully-threaded bar systems
- Based on hot rolled bars with continuous thread. Bar available in 3 grades (830/1030, 830/0180 and 1080/1230) and 5 diameters (25, 32, 38, 40 and 50 mm). For more information about loads, please refer to our documentation.
- Standard accessory systems include plate and nuts (in flat or swivel configurations), as well as coupler systems for extended length.
- For permanent applications, full corrosion systems also available.
Reusable system : Bar system may be re-used, shortened by cutting or extended by couplers to fit new applications.
Engineering support : For any complex applications, Dextra teams support the drafting of your system
Full Traceability : Full identification from drawing to individual bar/part labeling.
Benefits of Post Tensioning Smooth bar systems
- Re-usable system.
- Re-tensioning possible without damage.
- Bar may be cut and reconnected at any point to achieve desired length.
- For complex applications, our team of engineers is available to help you draft your PT system.
For bridges and viaducts construction, Dextra offers post-tensioning bar systems that can be used for both permanent or temporary applications. Our range takes advantage of both fully-threaded bars and smooth bar and includes all required accessories to perform applications such as the post-tensioning of heavy structure or temporary heavy-lifting operations.
For projects requiring hanger bars, Dextra tension bar sytems are also available.
All our bridges and viaducts solutions are complemented by the services of a fully dedicated design team which provide engineering support for our customer's projects.