Concrete Reinforcement - Rebar Splicing - Unitec®
Repair Bolted rebar coupler system which does not require any kind of rebar end preparation.
Bolted coupler without rebar preparation
Unitec® is a bolted splicing system designed for the connection of two rebar which haven’t been previously prepared (no thread).
Each Unitec coupler features a long hollow bodywhich will bond with rebar. Several screws will lock both bar ends and complete the connection.
Unitec is designed to be operated with a standard impact/pneumatic wrench.
- Unitec is a shear-bolt coupling system for the connection of concrete reinforcement bars from Ø12 to 50 mm (ASTM #4 to #18).
- No specific torque measurement required. Simply engage the screws until the heads shear off, notifying that the required torque has been applied.
- Available off the shelf and close to you thanks to our network of distributors.
- Positional splicing with butt-to-butt rebar connection possible, please refer to our Installation Instructions.
Hassle-free : Requires only a standard wrench or pneumatic wrench for larger diameters.
Error-proof : Head of the bolt will shear off when the required torque is reached.
Close to you : Unitec is available via Dextra or our local distributors..
- Only light equipment is required, making Unitec an ideal solution for remote locations.
- No rebar preparation whatsoever, no welding, no chemical products and no grouting.
- Minimal rebar length required. Ideal for coordination issues when rebar protruding length from foundation piles is insufficient to perform standard overlap.
Well known in the construction industry, Dextra rebar splicing solutions allow to swiftly connect reinforcement bars of various grades and diameters. Our range is divided into 3 applications:
- Cast-In-Place Mechanical splicing solutions allowing fast, high-performance and reliable rebar connections thanks to their parallel-thread system. Prior preparation of the rebar is done thanks to a highly productive Dextra equipment or directly by sourcing prepared rebar from one of our distributors.
- Precast Solutions which allow the connection of precast elements together without the needs of wet in situ joints.
- Repair Solutions which do not require the bars to be prepared, can be operated with light tools and require a minimal bar length.
Our mechanical splicing solutions are accredited by major independent regulatory bodies in all continents.