Concrete Reinforcement - Rebar Splicing - RepairGrip®
Repair >> Rebar splicing system made of sleeves swaged onto rebar by the use of an hydraulic tool.
Swaged coupler for repair applications
The RepairGrip system is a portable system designed to splice bars in situ. It is a simple and proven method to splice bars that did not have their end shop-prepared.
The RepairGrip sleeve is swaged onto the bar ends by a hydraulic tool powered by a separate power unit.
The resulting connection guarantees a tensile strength of at least 125% of the nominal yield strength of reinforcing bars grade 500 MPa.
- RepairGrip system can splice bars from diameter Ø 12mm to 40mm.
- RepairGrip splices put rebar ends butt-to-butt, making the solution suitable for tension and compression applications.
- No reduction of the cross section of the bar.
- Individual marking of each sleeves to allow for full traceability.
- RepaiGrip equipment supplied by Dextra.
No rebar preparation required : Simple operation with Dextra supplied equipment
Productive solution : Ideal for sites where numerous bars need to be reworked
Close to you : RepairGrip is available via Dextra or our local distributors..
- No rebar preparation required.
- Minimal rebar length required. Ideal for coordination issues when rebar protruding length from foundation piles is insufficient to perform standard overlap.
- Supported by a Dextra-supplied equipment.
Well known in the construction industry, Dextra rebar splicing solutions allow to swiftly connect reinforcement bars of various grades and diameters. Our range is divided into 3 applications:
- Cast-In-Place >> Mechanical splicing solutions allowing fast, high-performance and reliable rebar connections thanks to their parallel-thread system. Prior preparation of the rebar is done thanks to a highly productive Dextra equipment or directly by sourcing prepared rebar from one of our distributors.
- Precast >> Solutions which allow the connection of precast elements together without the needs of wet in situ joints.
- Repair >> Solutions which do not require the bars to be prepared, can be operated with light tools and require a minimal bar length.
Our mechanical splicing solutions are accredited by major independent regulatory bodies in all continents.