Concrete Reinforcement - Rebar Splicing - Headed Bars
Cast-In-Place >> Reinforcement anchorage system that acts as an advantageous alternative to hook bars.
Anchorage alternative to hook bars and long development length
Headed Bars are a simple and effective alternative to hooks and long development length.
A compact disc is mounted onto the reinforcement bar end. The assembly of the rebar and the anchor provides a anchorage superior to long straight or bent reinforcement bars, while being simpler and faster to install.
Headed Bars contribute to reducing rebar congestion in heavily reinforced area, which ultimately eases the compaction process and result in better concrete quality in key areas of the structure.
- Made of an anchor plate that is screwed onto the end of the reinforcement bar.
- Headed Bars are a convenient alternative to hooks in congested areas.
- Anchors are available into two standard sizes to provide a net bearing area 4 or 9 times equal to the cross section area of the bar.
- Requires the same bar end preparation as Dextra coupler systems and compatible with Bartec, Fortec, Griptec and Rolltec threads.
Reduce congestion : and allow the use of larger rebar.
Install in a few seconds : even after the reinforcement has been installed.
Compatible : with Dextra Bartec, Fortec, Griptec and Rolltec systems.
Benefits of Headed Bars
As main reinforcement :
As transverse reinforcement :
- Less congestion.
- Ease of installation. Threaded heads can be fitted on site after rebar installation.
- No more risk of rebar embrittlement due to bar bending.
- Require shorter anchorage (development) length.
- More faithful realization of strut-and-tie modeling.
- Better anchorage effectiveness (lower bearing stress and less slip) especially on large diameter bars
- Shear reinforcement in slabs and footings.
- Cross ties in walls, columns and diaphragm walls.
- Faster installation time.
- No more site bending of double-headed 135° or 180° hooks.
- Allow use of larger bars, therefore decreasing the quantity of links.
Well known in the construction industry, Dextra rebar splicing solutions allow to swiftly connect reinforcement bars of various grades and diameters. Our range is divided into 3 applications:
- Cast-In-Place >> Mechanical splicing solutions allowing fast, high-performance and reliable rebar connections thanks to their parallel-thread system. Prior preparation of the rebar is done thanks to a highly productive Dextra equipment or directly by sourcing prepared rebar from one of our distributors.
- Precast >> Solutions which allow the connection of precast elements together without the needs of wet in situ joints.
- Repair >> Solutions which do not require the bars to be prepared, can be operated with light tools and require a minimal bar length.
Our mechanical splicing solutions are accredited by major independent regulatory bodies in all continents.