Concrete Reinforcement - Rebar Splicing - Griptec®
Cast-In-Place >> Advanced 100%-tested rebar splicing system based on male/female sleeves extruded on bar.
Advanced full performance rebar splice
Griptec® is a full performance (tension / compression / cyclic / fatigue) rebar splicing system designed to comply with the world’s most stringent project specifications. Griptec is the preferred system for nuclear reactor buildings worldwide.
- A standard Griptec connection is made from the connection of one male and one female sleeve, both are extruded onto the rebar. Additional intermediate connectors allow for Positional/Bridging applications.
- Solution supported by a single, safe, clean, smart and fully automated rebar preparation equipment with built-in reporting and alert features.
- Systematic proof load tensile testing of each and every connection to the rebar.
100% tensile proof test : Of rebar/sleeve connection
< 40 seconds : Machine cycle, including test
9 nuclear reactors : Equipped worldwide
- Unrivalled splicing system performance: in tension, compression and fatigue, thanks to the unique design of the product and associated processing equipment.
- Compact design for congested applications.
- Joints verified by visual inspection with no requirement to induce a specific torque value.
- No reduction of cross-section area of the bar.
Well known in the construction industry, Dextra rebar splicing solutions allow to swiftly connect reinforcement bars of various grades and diameters. Our range is divided into 3 applications:
- Cast-In-Place >> Mechanical splicing solutions allowing fast, high-performance and reliable rebar connections thanks to their parallel-thread system. Prior preparation of the rebar is done thanks to a highly productive Dextra equipment or directly by sourcing prepared rebar from one of our distributors.
- Precast >> Solutions which allow the connection of precast elements together without the needs of wet in situ joints.
- Repair >> Solutions which do not require the bars to be prepared, can be operated with light tools and require a minimal bar length.
Our mechanical splicing solutions are accredited by major independent regulatory bodies in all continents.