Concrete Reinforcement - Precast Connection - Groutec L
Groutec coupler with a larger misalignment tolerance, thanks to the wide cavity.
Half-grouted system with larger cavity
Groutec L is a mechanical splicing designed for the connection of precast elements.
Each Groutec L sleeve features a threaded end for the connection to reinforcement bars at the precast factory and a wide body allowing for more misalignment tolerance for the connection of two precast elements at site.
Groutec L is designed and manufactured in compliance with Eurocode 2, BS8110, ISO 15835, ACI 318 type 2, and AASHTO code requirementsProduct features
- Compatible with ribbed or deformed reinforcing bars in diameters from Ø12 to 40 mm (#4 to #12), in grades up to 550 MPa (80 ksi).
- Groutec L can connect bars prepared with Dextra thread systems: Rolltec, Bartec and Fortec.
- At the construction site, connection is made in a few seconds by injecting/pouring non-shrink grout into the cavity.
- Horizontal or vertical connections, in upper or lower element, Groutec L can do it all!
Our solution is compatible with grouting mortars that can be sourced close to you and at a lower cost.
Grout injection: 5s.
Make the connection in no-time by injecting non-shrink grout.
Bracing: 3 days only.
Once filled with grout, bracing around the element can be removed after only 3 days.
- Engineered, tested and compatible with major non-shrink grout brands easily available on the market: Sika, Parex-Davco, Fosroc, BASF and Pozament. Reduce overall cost and simplify sourcing.
- At the precast factory, fast and precise installation thanks to Groutec L threaded end. Take advantage of the full range of accessories available to simplify your precasting process.
- At site, large axial misalignment is tolerated thanks to a wide cavity.
- Fast: Inject or poor grout into the cavity in less than 5 seconds. Bracing can be removed after 3 days.