Concrete Reinforcement - Composite FRP - ASTEC™ FRP Rebar For Permanent Applications
Non-metallic reinforcement which advantageously replace steel in numerous applications.
Corrosion-free alternative to steel rebar
GFRP rebar allow contractors to substitute steel rebar with composite non-corrosive and non-metallic reinforcement.ASTEC Glass Rebar can be used for both new construction or as a strengthening material. ASTEC GFRP rebar solutions offer very high tensile performances for a light weight: up to 8 times the performance/weight ratio of steel.
Since 1996, Dextra has established new standards becoming the worldwide reference in FRP rebar manufacturing, made by pultrusion. Precursor of this technology, we have successfully supplied thousands of projects all around the world.
ASTEC rebar are available in various grades and sizes. Bars are available in various sizes from 6mm to 51mm (#2 to #16) and in 2 grades. Splicing systems are also available. Taylor-made shaped can also manufactured.
For more information, please refer to our technical documentation. Dextra design team is also available to support you in the design and optimization of your GFRP rebar use.
- Greater tensile strength than steel!
- Light weight.
- Corrosion free.
- Electrically non-conductive.
- Low thermal conductivity.
- Transparent to magnetic fields and radio frequencies.
- Corrosion-free = unlimited shelf life and extended service life.
Bar from 6mm to 51mm : US sizes from #2 to #16
25% of the weight of steel : for twice greater tensile performance
Splicing systems : U-Bolt for conventional splicing. Steel-to-FRP and FRP-to-steel connectors also available.
- Corrosive & marine environments, such as bridge pylons.
- Thermal insulation between exterior and interior.
- Places which should remain free of electromagnetic disturbances: MRI units, control towers, etc.
- Can be used in precast or cast-in-place concrete.
- D-Walls to ease Tunnel Boring Machines break-through, see Soft-Eye product page.
Dextra engineers and manufactures innovative structural solutions based on high-tensile FRP (Fiber Reinforced Polymer) bars and profiles. Those solutions can be either made Glass-Fiber based (GFRP) or Carbon-Fiber based (CFRP).
What is ASTEC® FRP?
ASTEC® is Dextra’s trademark promoting unique FRP solutions developed and manufactured by Dextra. The brand ASTEC® is for our customer the guarantee of high performances and compliance with the world's most stringent requirements.
Why using FRP?
Applications made with composite FRP material usually take advantage of the following material characteristic:
- Light weight compared to steel while offering very high-tensile performances.
- Fully resistant to corrosion.
- Cut-able by standard earth removal equipment and Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs).