VpCI®-422 Biodegradable Rust Remover
VpCI®-422 Biodegradable Rust Remover effectively removes rust and tarnish from steel, iron, copper, and brass. It removes corrosion from metal without creating waste disposal difficulties and is more operator friendly than traditional rust removers. VpCI®-422 G is a modification of VpCI®-422, which is recommended for galvanized steel. It will not adversely affect most paints, plastics, wood, textiles, ceramics, or rubber when used as recommended. Removing corrosion from metal is easy; just apply VpCI®-422 and rinse with water.
This product is completely organic and does not require special disposal for typical use. It is especially helpful for outdoor and marine applications where chemical waste disposal can be a problem. In rare situations, waste treatment may be required if large quantities of pollutants are accumulated during cleaning. Unlike conventional rust removers, which can be extremely dangerous to use, handle, and store; VpCI®-422 is non-flammable and biodegradable. It can be used in labor-intensive areas such as continuous assembly and packaging lines minimizing effects on production efficiency.
- Removes rust and corrosion from ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Prevents flash rusting
- Completely organic and readily biodegradable
- Non-polluting and environmentally acceptable (Check with local authorities for specific disposal guidelines)
- Loosens rust-frozen parts
- No adverse effects on most paints, plastics, wood, textiles, ceramics, and rubbers
- Non-flammable formulation and mild odor, ideal for in-plant use
- NSF (A3) Registered. Acceptable for use as an acid cleaner in and around food processing areas for indirect food contact
- Passes ASTM F-519-05 “Mechanical Hydrogen Embrittlement Evaluation of Plating/Coating Processes and Service Environments”
- UFI: XRWX-11P3-YU1J-WXYR
- In-process rust removal for parts and metal stock
- Interior and exterior surfaces of tanks and vessels
- Outdoor machinery and equipment
- Trucks, cars, and other vehicles
- Automotive, marine, and equipment
- Fences, railings, and walls
- Tools, locks, and rust-frozen parts