Northern White Blowing Insulation
Nothern White Fibre Glass Blowing Insulation
Northern White Fibre Glass Blowing Insulation is used in residential and commercial construction as a thermal and acoustical insulation. It is designed for pneumatic installation in open attic or ceiling plenum areas with flat flooring or up to a maximum slope of 4.5:12.
This product is noncombustible, noncorrosive and odor free. In addition, Northern White won't settle, contains no chemicals to cause mildew and fungus growth, provides no sustenance for vermin, contains no asbestos, won't rot or decay and won't absorb moisture. Northern White is made from a combined minimum of 65% pre- and post-consumer recycled content.
Northern White is an unbonded, white, virgin fibre, loose fill fibre glass insulation. The glass fibres are manufactured from postindustrial and post-consumer recycled glass. Additives are applied to provide product extended shelf life and to reduce static electricity and fibre dusting during application. This insulation contains no asbestos, perlite, vermiculite or phenol-formaldehyde binder.
These insulation products may qualify for energy tax credits.
- Applicable Codes & Standards:
- National Building Code of Canada 2005
- CAN/ULC-S702-97, Type 5 Blowing wool
- Design density – CAN/ULC-S702 8.65 kg/m3 (0.54 lb/ft3)
- Thermal resistivity – ASTM C518 18.5 (m•k)/W (2.67 °F•ft2•hr/Btu•in)
- Surface burning characteristics – CAN/ULC-S102.2 Flame Spread 25 Smoke Developed 50
- Smolder resistance – ULC-S129 Can contribute to LEED CANADA-NC Certification credits
- Thermal Performance (CAN/ULCS702-97): The stated R-values in the attics are achieved at weights and coverage specified when insulation is installed with pneumatic equipment in accordance with CertainTeed recommendations.