CertainTeed FlintCoat® -W is an extra thick, highly flexible, white acrylic roof coating designed with superior hiding ability. This high performance, UL Class A rated product resists cracking, pealing and mildew, while offering tremendous durability and long term life. It expands and contracts with roof movement to resist damage.
FlintCoat-W provides an excellent, highly protective barrier which reflects the sun's heat and destructive UV rays. In turn, this helps to cool surfaces and leads to a reduction of interior temperatures and cooling costs.
FlintCoat-W is an ENERGY STAR® labeled roof coating.
- FlintCoat -W FR applies easily by brush, roller or spray
- Cures within 24-36 hours
- Dries to a tough, flexible elastic film
- Excellent adhesion over clean primed surfaces
- Outstanding U.V. protection; reflects minimum 90% of the sun's rays
- Excellent weather resistance
- Good resistance to salts and alkalis
- Aluminum reflectant characteristics
The following information represents typical average properties of FlintCoat -W:
Weight: 12 lbs. per gallon
- Packaging: 5-gallon pail
- Coverage: Approx 1½ gallons per 100 square feet (two coats are required)
- Color: White
- ENERGY STAR®
CertainTeed FlintCoat -W can be applied by brush, roller, or spray. Mix thoroughly with a mechanical mixer prior to application of the coating. FlintCoat -W should be applied in two coats at the rate of 1 to 1-1/2 gallons per 100 sq. ft. per application. The coverage rate will vary depending upon the surface to be coated.