Trapper's Lodge Timber Siding and Trim - Cozy Cottage
It Looks Custom Made...Because It Is
The artisan crafted Trapper’s Lodge Timber Siding & Trim provides uniqueness in quality, craftsmanship and design.
Using only the tools of a frontiersman and techniques that have been passed down through generations, we have designed the Trapper’s Lodge Hand-Crafted Rustic Hewed line of timber siding and trim. We start with wood* harvested from the forests of the Lake Superior region. We then utilize local craftsmen and a variety of draw knives to create a one-of-a-kind textured finish. Each board bears the unique scars from the knives that, when finished, create dark contrasting crevasses. The Trapper’s Lodge line consists of two levels of intensity to the marks and gouges that are applied to the wood: Trapper’s Lodge and Cozy Cottage.Cozy Cottage
Cozy Cottage is custom-made by hand but utilizes more of a scraping technique that limits the depth and the volume of the marks. It appears to have more knife chatter and an eased knife edge. Our Minnesota craftsmen make a variety of siding, trims, corners, as well as interior paneling so you’re assured to have a “one-of-a-kind” look for your home with our full line of Cozy Cottage products. To further enhance and protect the siding and trim, we offer our VX Pro Factory Prefinishing Service - full protection for your natural wood exterior, available in a variety of attractive shades.
Trapper’s Lodge Family of Products
Trapper’s Lodge siding installs easily over conventional framing and is also available in corners, trim and timbers. Materials used for specialty items are of the highest standard and grade available and may vary in species.
- Siding: 2×8, 2×10 and 2×12
- Window and Door Trim: 2×4, 2×6, 2×8, 3×4 and 3×6
- Timbers: 6×6, 8×8, 10×10 and 12×12
- Outside Corners: 6×6, 8×8
- Inside Corners: 4×4
- Cozy Paneling: 1×6 with MATCHLOCK™ Pattern (Cozy Cottage only)
Additional dimensions may be available. Inquire with your local retail building material supplier.
Real protection on real wood.
To protect you natural wood sidings from the harmful effects of moisture and the sun, you need a finish that works with the natural characteristics of the wood.
Benefits of VX Pro Factory Finishes:
- Blocks UV rays
- Prevents moisture from accessing the wood
- Years of maintenance-free performance, keeping that “new look” (when properly applied in our factory setting)
- Offered in a semi transparent finish to allow the beauty of the wood to shine through
- Six semi-transparent exterior wood finishes that provide exceptional beauty, performance, and UV protection.