Steel Weatherized Roll-Up
Steel Weatherized Roll-Up Doors are provided by the combination of a flat slat curtain, hood baffle, guide weatherstripping and astragal. Doors can be manufactured to fit openings of up to 40' in width, and to meet a diversity of commercial application requirements. Doors can be obtained in prime finish or galvanized steel, and can be motor, chain hoist, crank or manually operated. Possible applications include but are not limited to warehouses, loading docks, aircraft hangers, crane-way openings, and small opening protection.
• General Specifications
Steel Roll-Up Doors will be designated as Model S__## as manufactured by Best Roll-Up Door, Inc.
- Mounting: The door can be face mounted or mounted between jambs of a prepared opening.
Opening preparations, miscellaneous or structural steel, field painting or finish, access panels, electrical wires, wiring, switch connection, conduit will be handled by the appropriate trades.
• Product Specifications
- Slats: Interlocking type ____ flat slats are roll formed from galvanized steel coil.
- Gage: Available steel slat thicknesses are 18, 20, 22 and 24 gauge.
- Endlocks: Endlocks are fitted to each end of alternate slats to achieve slat alignment and to serve as a wearing surface.
- Galvanizing: Zinc coated.
Reinforcement of curtain is achieved by using a bottom track consisting of steel angles.
Guide and Wall Angle Assembly
- Guides/Wall Angles: Guides can be constructed using steel angles or a steel channel. Wall angles of structural steel shall have a minimum thickness of 1/8". Vinyl guide weatherstripping against the flat faced side of the slat is standard (wool pile, brush, or weatherstupping on both sides of the curtain are optional).
- Depth of Guide: To be of appropriate size to allow slat penetration and to restrict horizontal slat movement.
Steel Roll-Up Door construction is designed to withstand windloads of up to 20 PSF in a fully closed position, and can be designed to withstand higher windloads upon request.
- Bracket Plates: To support the curtain and the counterbalance mechanism, the bracket plates shall be provided with minimum thickness of 1/4".
- Drive End Bracket Plate: The bracket plate on the drive end is to be fitted with a sealed ball bearing.
- Counterbalance: Housed in a steel pipe, maximum deflection of 0.03" per foot of door width is achieved by having the appropriate diameter and wall thickness.
- Springs: Helical torsion with a 25% overload factor for ease of operation and are greased packed mounted on a cold rolled steel inner shaft.
- Spring Tension: Can be adjusted from outside of end bracket plate.
- Ball Bearing: Sealed in order to minimize wear of pipe shaft rotating around inner shaft.
- Hoods: To completely enclose curtain and counterbalance, hoods shall be provided form #24 U.S. Gauge galvanized steel. Internal vinyl hood baffle is standard.
- Reinforcing: Hoods can be reinforced laterally to prevent sag.
- Intermediate Hood Supports: Provided where door width exceeds 16'.
Operation can be manual push-up, chain hoist, waist high crank hoist, or electric motor operation.
- Slide Bolts: On bottom track for manual push-up operated doors.
- Integral Gearing: Power operator can serve as an additional locking for the door.
- Hand Chain Lock: Consists of a locking bracket mounted on a guide angle.
Any un-galvanized surfaces will be coated with rust inhibiting metallic primer, except bearings.
- Endlocks: Continuous endlocks are available.
- Windload: Custom windloads are available.
- Bottom Track: Single steel angle is standard, and double steel angle bottom track is available. Extruded aluminum bottom track is available. Bottom track can be sloped to match contour on finished floor or can be notched to match obstruction on finished floor.
- Sensor Edge: An electronic sensor edge can be added to power operated doors to reverse the door travel upon encountering an obstruction for safety.
- High Cycle Springs: Can be obtained for motorized doors that require 50,000 to 100,000 cycles. Very high cycles in excess of 100,000 are also available.
- Powder Coat Finish: The door can be powder coated in variety of colors.
- Pass Door: Hollow metal pedestrian door within rolling door can be obtained in a 3' x 7' or 3' x 6' 8" size. Hinged to rolling door guide the hollow metal door frame will swing clear of opening when desired. Hardware includes heavy duty hinges and handicap-lever lock set.
Universal reinforced and non-reinforced black neoprene rubber sheeting for applications such as Hood Weatherstrip
Hood Brush Weatherstrip
Guide seal is made of a rigid plastic. The brush is a versatile and long-lasting filament that will not hold water or freeze at sub-zero temperatures.
Steel Door Bottom Weatherstrip
Steel Door Bottom Weatherstrip is made of a durable, black EPDM synthetic rubber. This long-Lasting seal bolts between the bottom bars on roling steel doors, and is an efficient one-piece installation. Also accepts pneumatic reversing hoses.
Guides weatherstrip is to colose space between curtain and guides at jambs, flexible strip on guides contacts flat surface of curtain.
Storm Shield Threshold
This threshold blocks and repels wind driven rain, snow, dirt, sand, rodents, and pests from entering under a roll-Up doors. Threshold leaves reduces rust and moisture damage to tools and stored valuables, and also saves money by reducing energy loss year round. For best results, threshold shold always be used in combination with bottom weatherstrips.